sixty-seven

We were sat like children who had done wrong, not even a soft hello from my father, nor Sirius. Instead they decided their time would be better spent lecturing us on utter nonsense like 'safety'

No 'Happy Holidays' even though Christmas was well and truly over and the school term was beginning once more. No simple 'Are you alright' just...

"Are you bloody mental" Sirius roared from the top of his voice. "Both of you, not only did you manage to get tangled up in whatever the hell that was. You antagonised them!"

"Antagonised them? They came at us, were we just ment to let them blow our heads up!" Harry shouted back.

"Watch your tone with us. We might not be James and Lily but like hell will i or Sirius sit back and let you get away with being so unbelievably stupid!" My father added. "And you!"

His eyes moved to meet me as i felt his eyes on me, not daring to look at him.

"Acting like a bloody hero! Just like him!" He spat. "Who on earth do you think you are, you're not invincible Lyria. Don't think for a second you are"

"I never said i was!" I told him. "Never once have i tried to be Harry, you just feel the need to compare me to him"

"That is not true" Sirius spoke. "You are both separate people who just seem to make the same stupid choices."

"It wasn't only us, Ron, Hermione" i counted on my fingers. "Daphne... Anthony!"

"And look at what happened to them! I had to tell Mr and Mrs Rickett, they were distraught." My father said.
"What if something horrible happened to you both. People died."

My father paced around the front of Professor Dumbledore's desk cracking at his fingers in frustration.

"What if you died, then i lost you and your mum. What would i do?" He said quietly. Sirius placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Lets not think about Marls, the past is the past. We both know what she would be like right now."

"Furious" Remus shouted. "Bloody mortified at you both. That's what Marlene would be."

No doubt my mother would be just as angry, but I can't help thinking if my mother was here, how she would of been able to teach me spells and potions to help make people better.

I bet my mother could of helped Daphne there and then, maybe even save Rickett from some pain the cruciartus curse caused.

"I'm telling you both right now." Sirius said straightening up from sitting on the edge of the table. "No more trouble, Harry you already know how valuable your life is to Voldemort, don't do his work for him."

"Wow thanks." Harry huffed, offended. "If that's the case..."

"No it's not." Dumbledore spoke from behind. "Mr Black did not mean it in that sense. I think you and Mr Lupin are in need of some calming down."

Sirius' rosy cheeks faded after sitting down as the room reeked of silence, my father didn't look anywhere except from moving between Harry and I.

But come on, seriously?

What else were we ment to do. We were ambushed, like 6 deers caught in headlights. If we didn't fight i'm certain anyone could guess the outcome.

"I'm just happy that you were smart and reached out to me." My father said breaking the tension.

"Yeah little moony." Sirius said raising his head from out of his hands. "The patronus was great, quick thinking."

"Thank you" i muttered looking at Harry, who was still twiddling his wand in between his hands.

"We won't be stupid again." Harry spoke. "No more irrational decisions, no more getting into situations like that. And definitely no more trouble."

"We promise" Harry and I spoke in unison.

"Very well" Dumbledore spoke, standing up to grace his office as he walked over towards his door. "If you will excuse us, we would like some privacy to discuss  matters."

"Matters ?" Harry questioned, but instead of giving him a chance to be answered i was pulling him out the door as the stone structure swung shut behind us.

When it comes to anything to do with Dumbledore, my father or Sirius. It's best just to remain uninvolved, besides you tend to hear my father cursing his name if anything they don't agree with pops us.

"No more trouble then?" I asked Harry laughing as he walked through the hall, stopping at the corridor that would lead me down to the dungeons. "Harry Potter can't breathe without danger, you never have."

"Well" he said wondering backwards in a mysterious way. "What they don't know can't hurt." He laughed before disappearing around a corner.

Harry Potter truly was someone who attracted problems, and rumours.

First year he apparently burned Professor Quirrel with a fireball, that's why he left. 'Attacked viciously by a student'

Lies, obviously.

Second year, everybody believed he was the heir of Salazar Slytherin just because he spoke parseltongue to a snake. Draco didn't believe it and nor did i. A Gryffindor? Slytherin's Heir? There was a better chance of Peeves being the Heir.

Again lies.

Third year, well. I suppose we were both in our fair share of situations. Through no fault of our own!

But this year. It will be quiet.

"Draco?" My thoughts came to an end as i spotted the blond sitting on my bed in the empty dorm with a small black suede box on his lap.

"I thought you had forgotten about me." He spoke. "When the gifts were passed out. I thought you didn't bother to get me anything."

"I see you went snooping" I laughed going to sit next to him to take the box from him. "You were the first person I thought for, how on earth could i have forgotten about you."

Opening the box, i pulled out the silver pocket watch, which had 'D.M' engraved on the lid.

"My father had one just like it, he used it to find somebody important to him. a watch and compass in one" i said dropping it into his hand as i lowered it by the chain "Boring? Sounds it, right? But..."

I said moving away from him to stand in the far corner of the room. "Say my name into the compass."

As he did, he let my name softly escape his lips as his eyes trailed over the arms of the clock as it spun insanely only to stop in my direction.

"Whoever you love, anyone at all. If you ever need to find them that can lead you." I spoke smiling going back to sit with Draco.

"It's perfect" he spoke, admiring the chain, the letters. Everything. He placed a soft kiss on my lips. Before his face seemed taken aback.

"Did you say 'whoever i love'?" He asked.

"Well yes, it doesn't work otherwise." I explained taking his free hand and leaning into his shoulder.

"Well I suppose that ruins the part where i say i love you?" He said laying his head on top of mine.

A smile grew on my face as i heard him talk. "I'm still angry."

"Of course you are" he chuckled.

"But i love you too Draco."

——————————————————————
Okay next chapter we officially get into the og plot so yay!

Hope everyone is doing alright, i still need to study so obviously that comes first but I can't wait to give this book all my focus and get it finished to start BLACK MOON 2

Please vote and comment and i will see you next chapter <3