Warm in your arms

Natsu grinned, wrapping his arms around a shivering Lucy. "This better?"

"A bit!" Her teeth has stopped chattering, but her lips trembled. "The thermostat has to be broken. It's gotta be broken. I paid the heat bill on time. I just spoke to the landlady. I don't understand why the heat isn't working." Lucy burrowed closer to Natsu's warmth and pulled her blanket closer.

"No idea." Natsu rubbed small circles on Lucy's back. "You're just lucky I'm not busy with something else today."

The girl clutched him tighter. "It's so cold out, no one's hiring for missions anyway. There's nothing for either of us to do."

"I wouldn't say that." Natsu's voice held a wolfish tone.

"What?" Lucy paused in the midst of hauling her blanket up to her lips. "What would you rather be doing?"

Natsu leaned into Lucy and grinned, the points of his fangs making an appearance. "Nothing ya weirdo, I'm already doing what I want."

"Huh?"

Natsu squeezed his partner tighter. "Keep on cuddling me and we'll be okay." He enjoyed the look of surprise on Lucy's face. Lots of people liked to say he was obtuse and clueless when it came to dating, but he knew way more than he let on.

Lucy bit her lip and blinked owlishly at Natsu. Cheeks flushing, she lowered her gaze and nestled her head over Natsu's thudding heart. Right now and forever, there was nothing better than being wrapped up in Natsu's secure grip.