About damn time

To some Japanese couples, it's tradition not to say each other's name. It's a weird and stupid tradition yes. But to some couples it's highly important to stick with tradition as well as the culture.

Sometimes though, Lucy Heartfilia wished it wasn't part of some stupid tradition and she also wishes that she wasn't so freaking traditional because it can really drive a person insane because of it.

And it's slowly beginning to happen to her now as we speak.

She smiled warmly when she turned over on her side to stare at the pink headed man that was sleeping soundly next to her. His bare muscular chest steadily moving up and down as he continues to breathe. His wild hair everywhere on Lucy's pink pillow.

Lucy's actually surprised that she had woken up before him which was rare because it would be usually him that would be up early watching her sleep until she had woken up.

Unless he's still tired from their love making that had occurred last night.

She blushed madly red at the memories of him holding her tightly as he whispered things into her ear as he went in deeper and deeper inside to the point she saw stars. She had always assume that since he's half dragon he would have more lasting stamina but then again he's also half human so it would made sense that he would still get tired easily.

Now, back to the stupid Japanese traditions.

Even though the two of them had been dating for nearly two years- yes, two and counting- they had never yet said each other's name. Because, well, once they do- that's it. There's no going back! That would mean they're truly serious about each other.

Lucy could remember countless of times where she had been close to saying his name whenever they had gone out on one of their dates. And if she's being totally honest with herself, she could've swore that he's been also close to saying her name as well.

"You're awake?" Lucy heard him muttered tiredly when he had opened his dark eyes, giving her a fanged grin. "How'd you sleep Heartfilia? Thought you would still be knocked out after..." he trailed off, eyeing the flushed beautiful blonde in front of him, loving the way her brown orbs widen in shock. "last night?"

Lucy scoffed at him and reached over to throw one of her pillows at him hoping that it would hit him in the face, sadly he caught it easily and sat it down beside him on the bed. "Well good fucking morning to you too, Dragneel."

She watched him stretch out his arms above his head, making her worry her lower lip. She had always admired his muscular build and at how strong he was.

Lucy gasped when he had started to stare at her, leaning over the bed to give her a chaste kiss on her pink, plush lips. "Good morning, Heartfilia. Want me to make breakfast?"

Lucy sighed and nodded her head at him, reaching up with her manicured finger to lightly touch her lips; her brown eyes staring into his dark ones. "Y-yes, N-" she gulped, immediately stopping herself from saying his name. She cleared her throat to try again. "Yes, that's fine.."

She watched him cock his head to the side in confusion as he was studying her which caused her to slightly panic at the possibility that he could've heard her almost saying his name just now.

Lucy sighed in relief when he had leaned away from away from her, bending down to grab a random shirt to quickly slip on before leaving her room to start cooking them breakfast for the two of them.

Once he had fully disappeared out of sight, Lucy threw herself back on the bed and groaned loudly in frustration. "Damn it Lucy! Stupid ass traditions!"

Natsu Dragneel could've swore that she had almost said his name just now in her room. And if he was being completely honest with himself; he wouldn't mind it one bit because truthfully he's been wanting to say it too.