Say "I love you"

The first time Natsu Dragneel said he loved her, he was frantic and impossibly worried

Following the rotation of Team Natsu, it was finally Salamander’s turn to choose a job. And of course, courtesy to the adrenaline and destruction flowing down his veins, he chose one a mission that involved monster hunting. He made sure that Lucy’s share would be enough for her rent, it was practically embedded in his mind. And so, the group of four—five, if you included the adorable Exceed—headed off to Magnolia Station, where it would start to go downhill from there.

And because of the Fairy Tail Curse, what was considered to be a simple mission, became a battle for life and death. Members of some weird cult began to attack them, their only advantage was the surprise and the amount of numbers they had on their side of the battlefield. Honestly, the Fairy Tail wizards could never catch a break.

Nonetheless, the cult members were swiftly dealt with by the amazing Team Natsu.

The last time that Natsu saw Erza was when she took out a whole brigade of her opponents with her Ataraxia Armor. The last he’d seen Gray was a few minutes ago, when he froze the incoming attacks from every direction with just a flick of his fingers. Happy currently was perched on his head, curled up and snoring soundly. But Lucy, for the love of all things good, he couldn’t remember the last time he saw her. Lucy, of all people!

The moment Natsu took out the last of his adversaries, he was hellbent on finding his partner. Now, of course, he knew how strong she was, with or without her spirits—believe him, he was on the receiving end of her Lucy-Kicks one too many times, and boy did it hurt—so he wasn’t really worried. He hated to admit it, but whenever Lucy was in trouble, the damn perverted lion seemed to take care of her just fine. So there, Lucy was in great, capable hands.

But Natsu had two problems with this.

The first being he actually needed to confirm Lucy’s safety with his own two eyes. He was desperate to hold her against him tightly, just to feel that she was actually there. He wanted to see that she had no injuries, and that she was completely fine. He needed to hear her voice, boasting about how she took all of her enemies out on her own.

Damn it, he needed her.

His second problem was that Lucy had no luck at all. Most of the times, it was her who got the short end of the stick, who got beat up painfully, who got kidnapped with her life as the bargaining chip. Add that to the Fairy Tail Curse, and Lucy was a goner. If he couldn’t find her this instant, he was completely sure that something happened.

“Lucy!” Natsu called out as he trekked deeper into the woods. The sun was beginning to set, he needed to find her fast.

Thinking about Taurus’s battle ax, Virgo’s trusty pitfalls, Sagittarius’s exceptional shooting skills, Aries’s soft but deadly wool bombs, Cancer’s peculiar fighting style, and Scorpio’s sand busters, did absolutely nothing to calm Natsu down.