Airplanes & shooting stars

"Now boarding passengers for flight 366 to Bosco at gate 3C. Now boarding passengers for flight 366 to Bosco at gate 3C."

It was a busy day at Crocus International Airport. Check in lines were out the door, wrapped around the walk ways. Security check in was an hour wait, with the time it took to inspect every single individual, and terminals were overcrowded with passengers.

Lucy Heartfilia was making her way through the bustling crowd as her bags were checked in and she had just finished going through security check in. With rustled hair and red cheeks, she stopped at a chair, checking for all her carry-on items and assuring she had grabbed all she needed.

"Crap, crap, crap. Where is my boarding pass?" She asked, frazzled. The busty blonde haired woman searching through her purse, panicking more and more each passing second.

That's when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. The blonde sighed roughly, sitting down, rummaging through her things. She pulled out her phone and checked caller ID, grateful for the person on the other side of the line.

"Levy-chan! Thank god you called." Lucy stated, thankful to hear a familiar voice.

"Everything alright, Lu-chan?" The blonde could hear her best friend on the other side of the line.

"No! I can't find my boarding pass! I just had it not even a few seconds ago!" Lucy was looking frantically, scared she would miss her flight all because she couldn't find her stupid boarding pass.

"Did you retrace your steps? Maybe you dropped it somewhere. Where were you in the last few minutes?"

"I was going through security." Sighing in defeat, Lucy laid against the uncomfortable terminal chairs, her heart sinking to her stomach. "This is why I hate flying. I should have just taken a train. They are so much more convenient."

The blonde could hear her best friend chuckle on the other end of the line.

"You should go check by security. They may have found it." Always the voice of reason, Lucy thought as Levy rambled to her. They were both top students throughout school and intelligent beyond their years. If there was anyone Lucy listened too, it was Levy. "And it would take you twice as long to get home if you went by train. Besides, you hate trains."

Lucy grumbled, grabbing her carry on. "Yeah, I know. But at least everything is in one place."

"Oh Lu-chan! I have to go. Gajeel is here." Lucy rolled her eyes as she scanned the area for her boarding pass. "Good luck on finding your boarding pass! Text me when you land!"

"Thanks for abandoning your best friend at her time of need." Lucy could practically see Levy rolling her eyes. "Say hi to your boyfriend for me."

"He's not my boyfriend!"

"Yeah, yeah. I'll text you when I land. I have to go look for my damn boarding pass. See you later!" Lucy said as she hung up the phone, still looking for her boarding pass.

"Are you looking for this?"

Lucy turned at the sound of a voice behind her. When she did, her eyes went wide at the piece of paper at her peripheral vision.

"My boarding pass!" She snatched it from the stranger's hands and almost cried tears of relief. "Oh God! You found it!"

Coddling with the piece of paper, it wasn't until the stranger shifted that she noticed the person in front of her.

Lucy was stumped, her eyes growing wide.

The stranger in front of her had… pink hair…?

But the blonde would be kidding herself if she denied that he was absolutely gorgeous. Besides the oddness and strangeness that was his pink hair, the man in front of her had sharp, dark eyes with a structured jawline and tanned face. His pink hair was tied into a pony tail, with strips of hair falling off from the side. The stranger had on a tight, black tee that outlined every single crevice of his perfectly sculptured body. And Lucy couldn't trail her eyes away from the fit and lean shoulders underneath his backpack and white scarf.