"Ashes,"

Dean had spread Captured ashes in the meadow where he had wanted them to be. In the meadow where Castiel had told him that he loved the place. A place where Castiel felt calm and collected, never fearing other angels at all there. 

However this time, Dean didn't have any ashes. This time there was no trench coat, there was no, body to burn. There was nothing- the empty had left Dean nothing.

So Dean sat there in the meadow alone to cry by himself. Happy that Sammy wouldn't see him like this, weak, afraid, and heartbroken. Weak because Chuck had taken everything from him, afraid to live life without his angel, and heartbroken that life still had to go on without Castiel.

When Castiel came back after Dean spread his ashes, Dean always imagined the two of them sitting here and enjoying each other and the nice Kansas air and the sunset in the background. However, as Dean sat here enjoying the sunset his heart was heavy as he knew that he was missing something.

He was missing Castiel.

“You would have loved it here,” Dean murmured to himself as he saw a bee land on a nearby flower. The blonde could feel the tears litter his eyes as he realized how much bees and honey meant to his angel.

Right now Dean really wanted a honey peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He chuckled to himself at how much Castiel loved those sandwiches, and how much he took joy in being human even if some things he found annoying and painful.

He missed that Castiel. He missed his angel, the one who hated urinating, the one that he had to protect from nightmares and then all of sudden Castiel was doing the same to him- and understood better.

He missed the Castiel that was trying to be human for him.

Dean laid down in the grass imagining Castiel's ashes still there with him flowing in the wind. He imagined Castiel by his side smiling widely, and pointing to the bees around them. His hair messily atop his head the wind flowing in it.

His bright blue eyes shining in the sunset, and locking with his. Dean could feel the tears in his eyes just at the thought as gradually the sunset right behind the windmill blocking his only source of light leaving the hunter the darkness left there in his thoughts.