James

| James POV |

"you get on my nerves" i said to Tai cause she mad at me cause I got drunk last night but it was my boy birthday,  what else was I suppose to do? "I don't care" she said and I sighed and got off the bed and walked into the bathroom. "Damn" I yelled. "I need a hair cut" I said and I heard her smack her lips. "Tai I'm sorry ma" I said and she kept ignorin me. I sighed and shrugged. I was about to walk out the bathroom but Tai was standin there staring at me. "James" she said and I stared at her. "What" I said and she held her stomach. "My water" she said and I looked down and my eyes got wide and I couldn't move man, Word to my mother it felt like my feet got super glued to the floor. "Wh-what" I said.  "My water just broke" she yelled and I nodded. I had to grab onto the sink cause I felt like I was finna pass out. I ran out the bathroom and slipped on my shoes and my hoodie.  "Baby sit down" I said as my hands shook. She sat down and I paced around the room trying to find her coat.  I found it and walked over to her. "H-help me out" I said and she put her arm into the coat and I put the other one in for her. I put her boots on her feet for her and then I grabbed the bag. "Let me get Malik" I said and she nodded and I watched as she took deep breaths,  she making me nervous. I ran into his room and woke him up. "Come on man" I said. "Get yo shoes and coat on" I said and he nodded and got up. I ran Back into the room and got her. "Come on baby you gotta help me" I said and she nodded and bit her lip. We got downstairs with my Malik behind us. We went outside and got in the car. I started it up and drove off. "Baby she not even suppose to be ready to come out man. She suppose to be here in 2 months not now ma" I said as I drove to the hospital. "I know" she said and I glanced at her. "So what that mean" I asked and she shrugged. "I don't know James just get me to the hospital" she said and I nodded and 5 minutes later we made it to the one by our house , the one riah work at. I got her out and malik followed. I walked in the hospital and seen mariah. "Ayo, come here family" i said and she looked around and when she seen us she ran over to us. "Her water broke" I said and her eyes got wide. "Ok ok" she said and she called the other nurses and they came and got her. I went back in the room with her and malik stayed wit mariah. "She wasn't suppose to he ready yet doc. She bein born 2 months early." I said and he nodded while he checked tai out. "She's ready" he said and i nodded and grabbed Tai's hand. I watched how nurses filled up the room and I looked at Tai and seen how much pain she was in. I kissed her cheek and she looked at me then looked away. "Push" the doctor said and as she pushed she squeezed my hand. "Push" he said and she pushed again. After the 3rd push i heard the cries of a baby then after a while they stopped , makin my heart drop. "Wassup" I said.  "Can I hold her?" I asked and he looked at me. "The baby isn't breathing. We're gonna have to ask you to step out for a moment while we do a check up." He said and I shook my head. "I'm straight where I'm at" I said and then I looked at Tai and her eyes was closed. "Baby" I said and she wouldn't open her eyes. "What the fuck happened?" I yelled. "She passed out" the nurse said while checking her pulse. "Sir Please stepped out" they said and I felt my eyes gettin watery. "Let me hold the baby" I said and they took me outside and I sat down in the chair. "Fuck man" I yelled and then I put my head in my hands. I sat there and watched as the tears from my eyes dropped on the floor. "What's wrong" I heard a voice say and I looked up and it was Mariah and Malik. "It's somethin wrong wit the baby and Tai passed out after givin birth" I said and Malik walked over to me and stood in front of me. He wiped my tears away wit his little hands and I pulled him into a hug. Mariag sat next to me and rubbed my Back. 20 minutes later the doctor came out and I stood up with Malik in my arms as he slept. "Wassup" I said. "How Tai doin" I asked. "She's perfectly fine. She just passed out and that happens to people after they give birth but it could've been worse" he said and I nodded.  "The baby" I said and he stared into my eyes. "She didn't make ...." he started to say when I pushed pass him and went into the room wit Tai. "Where the baby" I asked and she started cryin.  "Tai" I said.  "She didn't make it. She was too small" she said and I laughed. "Nah" I said and she stared at me and my face softened. "Damn" I mumbled to myself while sittin in the chair still holding Malik. I put my head down and let the tears fall. "Don't cry" she said and I nodded but they still fell. This what I was scared of,  I was scared of losing the baby. I knew something was gone be wrong cause she was born too early. After a while or sitting in silence,  me and Malik left. I dropped him off at my dad's so he could stay wit him and my mom. I drove to the store and Got a couple bottles and I drove around the city just drinking.  I drove to j house and got out the car . I stumbled up to the door and knocked on it. I took another sip of the 1800 I had and then the door opened. "Wassup man" he said and I stumbled inside. I fell on the ground and he helped me up. He took me over to the couch and I sat the bottle on the table and start cryin my eyes out. Like Damn Why me? I ain't never had a kid before, other then Malik but he ain't mine. I felt like me and the baby had a connection,  Shit I woulda protected my daughter from any and everything.  God work in mysterious ways doe,  and I know you ain't suppose to question God but Why me?. "Why you cryin man" he asked and I still felt the tears rolling down my face. "The baby died" I mumbled while still drinking from the bottle. He snatched it away from me. "What?" He asked. "The baby ain't make it" I said and he stared at me then looked away. "Damn man" he mumbled. We talked and I vented to him then after a while I fell asleep on his couch.