J

| J POV |

last night was a helluva night man. but it's my pops birthday and his party start in like 15 minutes so me and Paris on our way there. "babe" i said glancing at her then back at the road.  "Sup" she said.  "I gotta go the mall. Get my pops somethin for his birthday. He mad at me" I said.  "Okay" she said and I nodded and turned the music up. We went to the mall and I grabbed him hella stuff from Polo. 10 minutes later we pulled up to my parents house. I got out and we walked inside. I took off my coat then grabbed Paris hand. We walked into the living room and everybody looked at us. "Wassup" I said to everybody. "Hey aunt amina" I said kissing her cheek. Everybody was here I mean everybody. My uncle Christopher,  my uncle Quincy , Justin , my grandpa and grandma . My favorite uncle jayvon.  "Wassup unc" I said while huggin my uncle jayvon.  "Wassup boy" he said.  I loved my uncle cause he always kept it 100 with me and he was funny as hell. "Mom" I said. "Where pops at" I asked. "Downstairs with Christian and Q" she said and I nodded. "Stay up here with my moms" I said to Paris,  she nodded. I walked downstairs to the basement and I heard laughin.  "Wassup pops" I said and he looked at me and nodded. "Sup unc" I said to my uncle Christian.  "Wassup. I heard what happened at that party. Cali came home to me cryin her eyes out. Between us doe that's what she get for runnin her mouth" he said and I nodded. "Wassup uncle Q" I said and he hugged me. "Wassup man. Yo Jawan we a be upstairs.  Y'all needa talk" he said and my dad nodded. I walked over to the couch and sat down. "Wassup witchu" he asked rubbin his fingers through his curly hair. I shrugged and sat down. "Im coo." I said and he nodded and looked at me. "Pops I'M so... " I started to say. He held his hand up and shook his head. "It's my birthday man. Im just glad Im here another year wit y'all,  that's all that matter. I was serious about that shit I said though. If you think you grown then do you,  you feel me? Ain't shit gone get handed to you son , you at that age now man be mature about yo shit. You livin too fast. When you live fast you die fast. That's what you want B?" He asked and I shook my head no. "Exactly. J I love you man. Foreal. Make the right decisions man" he said and I nodded. "I love you too pops and happy G-day" I said and he smirked.  "Good look. Man can you believe it kid,  I'M 16" he said and I laughed. "Nah man I'M happy to see 34 . No bullshit" he said and I nodded. "Me too" I said and he stood up. "Anyways Let's get up here." He said.  "Oh hold on. I got you something" I said pickin up the bag. He looked inside and he smirked at me. "See you always come through. Thanks man" he said huggin me. I nodded and we walked upstairs. We walked in the living room and sat down. I'M glad my pops made it b,  foreal.