DeQuan.

| DeQuan POV |

everybody emotions was everywhere at uncle jawan party but it's coo everybody got together.  I got to see what uncle nezz was like , he was funny as hell,  guess that's where riah get it from. "Babe" I said to mariah.  We just got home. "Yea" she said dry. "Wassup witchu.  How you feel?" I asked and she shrugged. She was about to walk away when I grabbed her. "Come ere" I said and she walked over to me. She held her head down and I heard her snifflin.  "It's gone be ight " I said and she cried harder. "No i-its n-not b-bbaby" she cried out. "What if somethin h-happens to you before the baby is born" she said and I looked away. "Im serious. Like no bullshit DeQuan. My Daddy got killed doin the same shit you doin.  That's why I quit cause I'M scared I might get hurt. " she said and I smacked my lips. "Promise me you gone quit" she asked and I looked down. I rubbed my hand over my face and sighed. "Hello" she said. "Ok?" I said. "That ain't a promise." She said. "I can't promise you ima quit baby. But I can promise you ima be careful" I said and she shook her head. "That ain't good enough" she said and I shrugged. "I ain't finna lie to you and tell you ima quit cause I ain't bout to. Once the baby born?  Yea I a quit but not now ma, getting this money for us" I said she mugged me and walked away.  I sighed and shrugged.