Cali

I miss J so much. I count down the days I get to go back to Brooklyn,  like foreal.  Bein in Atlanta is weird as hell Cause I didn't grow up here,  I'm not from here. I mean yeah I been living here since I was 6 but I hate it here inplus me and my mom don't get along. "Cali" my mom said walking into the house with a whole bunch of bags. She sighed and sat down. "Wassup" she said and i shrugged. "Mom i wanna move in with my dad and ciara" i said and she mugged me. "Why?" She asked. "Because I don't like it here and I wanna be closer to my family,  and j" I said and she nodded. "You and him togetha? " she asked and I nodded.  "coo. But um , how ya dad feel about chu moving in?" She asked. I sat up and cleared my throat. "He said it's fine,  as long as your okay with it" I said and she nodded "and Ciara?" She asked. "She's fine with It too" I said. "Coo.  Well your 16 , I don't want you to leave and I'm pretty sure genise don't want you to leave but court says by the age of 12 you got the right to choose where you wanna go. I personally think living with your dad is the right choice because me and you bump heads a lot" she said and I smiled and hugged her. "Thanks mom" I said and she laughed. "No problem mami. But I promise if you have any problems there you can always come back and ya uncle Jordan is there too" she said and I nodded. "I love you Cali foreal and Ima come visit you whenever I can" she said. "I love you too mom" I said she let me go. "Anyways.  I got you some stuff. Broke bread on you today so I'm expecting you to be nice aight?" She said and I laughed and nodded. "What'd you get me?" I asked. See my mom has a lot of money , everytime i ask her what she does she tells me to mind my business so i leave it alone. "Couple pairs of shoes,  clothes,  ya know" she said and I nodded. "Thanks" I said picking up the bags. "Wheres genise?" I asked. "At a friends" she said and i nodded and walked to my room. I threw the bags on the bed and layed in my bed. I picked up my phone and texted J. 5 minutes later he texted me back . "I miss you too ma. Im at school right now but ima FT you when i get out . Love u" he texted back and i smiled and stared at the ceiling. "Shit i have to call my dad" i said and i picked up my phone and dialed his number. 2 rings later he answered . "Wassup shorty" he said into the phone. "Daddy" i said. "Yeah cali" he said. "My mom said it's okay if I come stay with you" I said. "Word? For good?" He asked and I could feel him smiling through the phone. "Yep" I said.  "When you plan on coming back? We can come get you" he said. "You can come get me tomorrow" I said.  "Alright ima call ya mom and talk to her." He said. "Flying or driving?" I asked. "In and out ma. We flyin" he said. "Okay cool" I said. "Alright.  Let me call and ask what time we gotta catch our flight. It'll only take a hour to get to you If we fly but I damn sho ain't drivin 2 days straight." He said. "okay dad.  I love you and don't forget to call back" I said. "Love you too " he said before hangin up. "Mom" I yelled "mommmmmm" i yelled and she bust into my room with a gun in her hand. "What" she yelled. "I just wanted you to come here" i said and she sighed. "You can't do shit like that baby foreal. But wassup" she said putting her gun away. "My dad is coming to get me tomorrow" i said . "Word?" She asked and i nodded. "Get dressed. We goin out kid" she said and I sighed and stood up. "Help me pick something out mom" I said. "Good shit. I thought you a never ask" she said and we walked into my closet. I guess we could get along before I leave.