J.

We pulled up to the mall not to long after we got off the phone with my mom. Everybody got they own money so everybody can get they own shit. "Yo riah you holding?" I asked.  "Got about 500 on me" she said. " No, no, usted necesita más que eso niña te tengo." I said and she laughed. "I know what you said nigga.  You coulda said it in English but no thanks bro. " she said and I smirked and nodded. "And,  Usted sabe que el único que puede hablar negro español." She said and we both laughed while everybody looked at us crazy. "How about I say this in English. Keep y'all languages to y'all selves. Don't nobody speak that shit but you,  her,  and uncle Jawan" James said my dad smacked him. "Shutup man. Let's go to Polo" my dad said. "Uncle Jawan I'm going to footlocker" Cali said and I looked at her and I could tell she was forcing her self not to look at me. "Yeah ima go with her" mariah said. "I'm goin with you dad. Dyn dyn you coming?" Kendrick asked. "No,  I wanna go to journeys" she said. "I'll take you" Cali said and she nodded. Kendrick nodded and we all went our separate ways.  We was in Polo for like 15 minutes and we been in this damn mall for a hour. "Damn pops came we go? We been in here for a hour and I got Everything I need" I said but he was on the phone. "Aight ima see you . We at the mall" he said before hangin up. "Who was that?" I asked and he looked at me and laughed . "Old friend kid. Lets go to one more store man and i swear we gone be done" he said . "Hell naw man. Man hell no , my damn legs finna fall off. These damn girls aint back either. Knew we shoulda left they ass in Brooklyn" james said and i laughed. "Word man" i said. "Yo stop complaining." Kendrick said and my pops dapped him up. "Word" he said.  10 minutes later we was at the food market.  "Yo we needa move up here" i said and james mugged me. "Nah man. You my boy , you cant leave" he said. "You know i aint goin nowhere son" i said and he let out a sigh of relief. "Damn dont play like that" he said and i laughed. Out of all uncle Q kids me and James always been the closet , we been tight. Me , tre,  james,  DeQuan and lil Q been tight since we was youngins but me and James was the closest man like no bull shit. Tre always felt like he was too good to hang with us Cause he was the oldest. "Where pops go?" I asked Kendrick. "I don't know" he said and I nodded. I turned towards James and he was looking behind me with wide eyes and he was smiling. "Man Wassup" I asked and he shrugged. I needa see what's so interesting so I turned around and my mom was right there. I stood up and hugged her. "Wassup mom. Damn I thought you was still at work" I said huggin her tight. "I quit" she said kissin my cheek. "I thought if I came up here to surprise you and Kendrick y'all a be happy" she said. "Well good job man Cause a nigga happy as hell" I said and she laughed. "Wassup Kendrick" she said and he hopped up and hugged her. "Hi mommy" he said and she smiled. "Wassup James." She said walking over and huggin him. "Sup Auntie" he said. "You done complainin now slime?" My dad asked and I laughed and nodded. "Thanks dad" I said. "Yup" he said dappin me up. "Soooo where is Cali and them" she asked  and I shrugged "lets go to footlocker" my mom said grabbin my dads hand and he nodded and kissed her cheek. Kendrick followed them and it was just me and kendrick. "So what you trynna do" he asked and I Turned around and met eyes with this fine ass girl. She was dope.  They say to know it's love at first sight you gotta stare into they eyes for 9 seconds and shit I been staring into hers for 10. "Ima be back" I said and James stood up. "Yo man wassup" he asked and I held up my finger,  signaling him to wait. Her and hee friends was lookin at me. I walked up to them and looked at her. "Wassup" I said to her. "Yo we finna be out" her tall friend said. "Aight one" she said and they walked away. She looked back at me and smirked. "What made you come over here" she asked and I laughed. "You did." I said and she tilted her head at me. "Word? What's ya name?" She asked. "Jawan velazquez jr.  But they call me J for short" I said and she nodded. I bit my bottom lip and looked at her. "And yours?" I asked. "Kemiah" she said and I smirked. "Kemiah.  Aight ima remember that." I said and she laughed. "Coo. You ain't from Springfield" she said. "How you know" I asked why laughing. "Cause boys from Springfield woulda been asked me for my number already but you ova hea bein a gentleman and holding a conversation.  You get mad cool points from me" she said smiling.  "Oh Word? Well I hope this don't change yo opinion on me but I wanna talk to you more so can I get yo number?" I asked and she shook her head no. "Nah" she said and I nodded and looked away but she turned my face Back towards hers. "Don't give up so easily.  I was just playing" she said and I smirked. She grabbed my phone and took a picture and then start typing. "Aight so I put my number in ya phone. Don't trip when you see what I put my name under,  i might be that one day." She said. "You from here?" I asked and she nodded. "Yup.  This my city" she said. "Word.  I'm from Brooklyn" I said and she did something with her eye brow,  it was tight doe.  "Oooh.  I use to live there. Then I moved up here with my aunnie" she said. "Shoulda stayed" i mumbled. "I heard you. But nah Shorty it was too much" she said and I nodded. "Not the part I live in" I said. "What part?" . "Edgewood.  Use to live in greenfield heights but we moved" I said. "Ooooooh zamn zaddy. You must got money" she said puttin her index finger in her mouth. "Dont do that shit" I said and she laughed. I looked at her and admired her looks. She was real dope man foreal.  She had on black Nike sweats,  black hoodie,  black forces,  and the black lipstick she had on fitted her real well. She had her hair slicked back in a ponytail.  She look like the Chill type and that's what I like. She ain't throw herself at me and that's a first Cause usually girls do that. "But under yeah.  I gotta get goin.  So put that number to use" she said and I hugged her. "I will fasho.  Ima see you soon" I said and she smiled and began to walk away. I turned around and everybody was lookin at me. "What?" I said and James laughed. "She was bad boy how you pull that?" He asked. "You know me" I said. "I like her style son" my mom said. "She was dope. You get yo taste from yo Pops fasho" my dad said. "Yeah she was cold bro." Mariah said . "Hit the rock" she said and I pounded her fist. I looked at Cali and she was lookin at me. She looked away and I sighed "I'm ready to go" I said walkin away. "Yo wait up" James said runnin After me. "Wassup" he asked. "Cali mad man. But shit she gotta understand ima do what I want son. We ain't together" I said and he sighed and put his arm around my shoulder as we walked. "Man don't even trip. she a be aight  . Do you" he said and I seen his cheeks turnin red from how cold it was. This nigga lighter then me so I expected that. "Thanks man. Witcho light ass" I said and we laughed. I looked back and everybody was behind us. I got in the car and first thing I did was text kemiah.