Rubeus Hagrid and the Leaky Cauldron

It was the big day at last. During mid morning, Harry and Brooklyn both snuck out the window while his Aunt and the Whale were out for the day. Before they left, they also read through the list of supplies Harry was supposedly to get. And Brooklyn was simply amazed at all of the items and book titles in the list, such as:

History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Standard Book of Spells Grade One by Miranda Goshawk

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

Magical Draughts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

And that was just a sample of the many other items, even a wand and a cauldron were on the list.

They made their way to the shack that Brooklyn had used to stay in and sat down to wait for their corresponder.

"I do hope somebody answered our response," Harry said in a nervous voice.

Brooklyn, even though he believed that the letter was legit, he still felt suspicious about it. "Well, if this guy tries to trick us by having us come all the way up here for nothing, I'll-."

That's when the floor began to tremble from heavy footfalls. Startled, the duo turned to see something big coming up through the trees.

Brooklyn's mouth fell open when he emerged into view. He was perhaps the biggest human he had ever seen. As tall as Goliath, maybe even larger. He wore a big moleskin overcoat, boots the size of baby seals, and had a big black beard.

His beetle black eyes twinkled, and Brooklyn could see then that there was no hostility there, though he stood protectively near Harry, just in case.

The giant gave a big smile. "Well, e're's 'Arry Potter!"

Brooklyn narrowed his eyes suspiciously, while Harry looked pretty shy and stayed behind him. Even though he was pretty much eleven now, the gargoyle still saw the small ten year old boy he met that year ago.

The giant gave a chuckle at how protective this creature was being. "It's alrigh', youngn', I won't hurt yeh. I'm one of those people that sent the letter. Name's Rubeus Hagrid, Keeper of Keys and grounds at Hogwarts!"

Brooklyn still narrowed his eyes at him, but the sound of his voice, his eyes, he felt like he could trust him. Heck, he even gave Harry a much needed birthday cake with green icing saying HappeeBirthday Harry on it.

Harry was still in too much shock to take it all in after trying his cake that tasted good. "I still can't believe I'm a wizard!"

His friend laughed. "Well, look on the bright side, at least it is better than living with that whale of an uncle of yours!" He commented.

"Have to agree with your gargoyle friend, there!" Hagrid said in a humorous tone. Brooklyn felt himself freeze in surprise at what he said.

"H-how did you know about my kind?" He questioned in disbelief. Harry looked back and forth between them in surprise.

Hagrid nodded. "Jus' from stories from me dad, mostly, and pictures from old books. Thoug' they all died out. Guess I was wrong!"

Brooklyn's heart panged at this. "Some of my Clan managed to survive the Permanent Stone Sleep in 1994. But I shouldn't even be in this time zone. I was taken away from my Clan in Manhattan, and stolen of my ability to transform into stone after we cornered our enemy, a Wizard named Puck. He was the one who tore me away from my family and I don't know how to get home!"