Imposter Moody Revealed

Brooklyn felt themselves collapsing hard on the grass and on Cedric's body. Harry still held the Tri-Wizard cup in his hands and keeping a firm hold on to Cedric. But the gargoyle caught the warm familiar scents of their friends nearby, who were cheering, and knew they were home.

"Harry! Brooklyn!" called a familiar voice, and through his hazy vision, Brooklyn saw Dumbledore crouched over them, but Brooklyn still couldn't lift himself because of his leg, and from the still stinging pains of his wounds, physically and mentally, for his mind was hazy and clouded. He couldn't feel anything, still unable to comprehend if what had happened in the graveyard was real or not, and that she was here...

Hands lifted him, his hurt leg staggered, and they lost their grip on Brooklyn, who fell there, staring down at the grass, hearing concerned cries of people around him, and the warm arms of Katie, who had pushed her way through.

When she saw her friend, her heart broke. He looked different from when he entered the maze; his eyes were dull, as though the flame of his adventurous spirit had been quenched by something or somebody terrible. His right leg was bloody and mangled, and covered with some disgusting gluey substance, while being bound by a piece of blood-stained cloth from Harry's robes.

She had hugged him, hoping that just her presence would bring back that wonderful spark in his eyes, and laugh with her again. But all he did was murmur her name softly, bringing up an arm to caress her arm gently.

Whoever did this to my friend, you can all go to hell for causing him pain! Screamed Katie silently, angry tears pouring down. She wouldn't ask Brooklyn what had happened, not yet, unless it caused him traumatization.

But then, he whispered something else.

"Katie... he's-he's back..."

Her eyes widened again. "What?" She whispered softly, shocked that he had been able to speak again.

"V-Voldemort... he returned..." Brooklyn said in a shaky tone, and Katie took his hand, squeezing it gently.

"Are you sure?" She asked; a cold shock pulsing through her. But she knew Brooklyn wouldn't lie. Voldemort really must be back, and that terrified her.

"And-and Demona, m-my enemy, she's with him..." he murmured finally, as his head lowered. Katie trembled at the idea of a rival gargoyle teaming up with the most feared Dark Wizard. Who knows what would happen with those two teaming up together!

Brooklyn's head then pounded, as Fudge stared at what was before him: a dead body, and a mentally/physically ill gargoyle next to Potter, who looked as bad as Brooklyn did, but not as much.

"My God - Diggory!" croaked Fudge. "Dumbledore, he is dead!"

Like we needed to hear you to say that! Brooklyn hissed, shutting his eyes while Katie continued to hug him and murmur words of comfort. It got worse as other people screamed it into the night.

Dumbledore was trying to convince Harry to let go of Cedric.

"Harry, you can't help him now. It's over. Let go."

"H-he wanted me to bring his body back with him," Harry muttered tearfully. "A-and they were going to hand my brother to Demona, after they'd-they'd broken him and killed me. I couldn't leave him or Brooklyn there with them!"

"That's right, Harry. Just let go now."

Harry then was being hauled away from the crowd by Moody, despite Dumbledore's efforts to have him stay.

Katie did her best to help Brooklyn to his feet. He felt so wobbly and woozy, his leg sank from beneath him. Dumbledore noticed, drawing his wand, using the spell he did on Brooklyn his first year at Hogwarts.