End of the Year

"Brooklyn... Brooklyn..."

Brooklyn gave out slow painful breaths, his body still numb feeling, comforting darkness enveloping him like a blanket. It felt nice after fighting against a evil wizard.

"Wake up, Brooklyn. You're safe," The male voice from earlier said. But Brooklyn didn't want to open his eyes, as he clenched his jaw painfully.

"N-no... can't..." he mumbled thickly.

Then suddenly the male voice spoke again, murmuring a song like incantation, sending fresh calming waves all over Brooklyn's body. He slowly began to gain some feeling in his nerves, the pain subsiding, giving the young gargoyle enough strength to be able to relax, and breathe steadily, glad to have real feeling return to his body.

And then his eyes opened again, finding himself lying on a bed in the Hospital Wing, and Dumbledore smiling down at him.

"Good afternoon, young one," he greeted in a gentle cheerful voice.

Brooklyn suddenly remembered. "Where's Harry?" He gasped in a hoarse voice. Dumbledore placed a hand on Brooklyn's shoulder.

"Calm yourself. Harry's safe, he's in the bed next to you." Brooklyn looked over to see Harry propped up on his bed, watching him with a scared, but relieved face.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked, concern in his voice. "I was scared you were gonna.... when you passed out I..."

Brooklyn winced. He had almost terrified his brother by thinking he died. But he didn't as he gave Harry the best smile he could.

"Well, I'm still here, little bro. I won't leave you anytime soon!"

Dumbledore chuckled at his attempted humor.

Brooklyn turned back to Dumbledore. "Professor, I thought you were at the Ministry of Magic!" He exclaimed. "Why are you here now?"

"Well, when I was about to leave, I realized it was too much of a coincidence to be called right away before you four got the stone. But then I had an owl fly my way, bearing an important message."

Brooklyn's heart lifted. Hermione came through! "So you got Hermione's owl?" He asked, grinning.

Dumbledore nodded. "I was lucky enough to figure out the importance of the situation and returned right away to get you both out of there. And you were both unconscious when I arrived. Also, before you ask, both her and Mr. Weasley are quite well."

The brothers both smiled at each other, looking forward to seeing their friends later.

Harry then asked Dumbledore another question that had Brooklyn remember everything.

"What happened to the Stone?"

The Professor gave them a sad smile. "Relax, dear boy. The Stone has been destroyed."

Brooklyn's eyes grew round at this revelation. "What? But, your friend, Flamel. Does that mean he'll—"

He bowed his head. "Yes. Me and Nicholas have had a little chat, and we both knew it was for the best. But yes, both him and his wife will die."

The gargoyle felt his heart clench a little. He never met Flamel and his wife, but they were both Dumbledore's friends, and he looked down in some sadness. Dumbledore noticed.

"Now, I know you both think that this is something to be mourned, but they think it is just going to bed after a very long day. And death is but the next big adventure!"

"How was it that I got the Stone, sir? One minute I was staring in the mirror and—"

He suddenly had a knowledgeable look. "Ah, you see, the person who wanted to find the Stone, find it, but not use it, will be able to get it. That was one of my more brilliant ideas. I had also volunteered Snape to help me with that little spell."