Aragog

Madam Pince left the library, her arms full of books when she gasped, dropping them at the scene in front of her: two more petrified victims, with a sickly and tear-stained Brooklyn kneeling down near them, gripping Hermione's hand tightly. She shakily pulled herself together, and put a hand on the gargoyle's shoulder, who jumped, looking up at her with a saddened look.

"What happened?" she gasped. "I d-don't know. I found them like this!" Brooklyn said in a shaky voice. Pince felt pity and pulled gently on Brooklyn's arm.

"Come, they'll be taken to the hospital wing, it'll be—." But Brooklyn pulled away. "Let go of me! I can't-leave them...!" He cried, his voice at first shouting but then going quiet.

"Please, Brooklyn, it'll be okay, they'll be safe," she said gently, taking his arm again. Looking once more down at Hermione, he nodded, and Pince guided the troubled gargoyle to the hospital wing for some calming draughts from Pomfrey, for he looked like he needed some. McGonagall had cancelled the Quidditch Match and brought Harry and Ron with her to the wing.

They both saw Hermione for themselves, where Brooklyn once again sat with her after having his medicine, holding her hand. This had gone too far. Gripping Hermione's hand tightly, Brooklyn made a big vow.

Hermione, you will be avenged. I am going to fulfill my duty of being a Guardian by getting rid of Riddle for good this time, I promise!

After that, Brooklyn got up and left for the common room, not even looking back at his friends, who were watching him in confusion.

...

McGonagall then had an announcement in the common room that evening, with a list of lockdown rules where nobody was allowed to roam anywhere without a teacher. And if they didn't catch the Heir of Slytherin by then, they would be forced to close the school.

Brooklyn himself found a secluded spot in a chair away from the thickest part of the crowd, looking around the room, seeing everyone looking scared and frightened. He spotted Percy, face pale and shocked, staring at nothing in particular.

Hermione's petrified form kept coming into his head, making him growl softly, scratching the armrest of his chair. I swear, Tom Riddle, I swear, you will go down!

Ginny saw Brooklyn with a lonely, frustrated, and sad look on his face. Sighing softly, she stood up and went to check on him, sitting next to Brooklyn.

"That Ravenclaw Prefect you found Brooklyn, Penelope Clearwater; Percy likes her. I actually walked in on them kissing one time!" She told him in a gentle voice, ending with a small giggle, attempting to cheer him up. This only made Brooklyn feel worse, his head throbbing again. She watched him with worry. "Brooklyn, have you been okay? You really haven't been looking like yourself these days. And I've hardly seen you with Harry, too."

I'm in more trouble than you know, Ginny, Brooklyn thought miserably, turning his head, and smiling sadly, tears beginning to come, as he struggled to retain himself from breaking down in front of Ron's little sister.

"Haven't been feeling well, stress headaches, that's all," he muttered, wrapping his wings around his shoulders, hoping for some comfort from it.

What happened next surprised him, Ginny's eyes filled with tears, and she gave Brooklyn a hug. His heart started to feel a little warm again, accepting her hug, even wrapping her in his wings gently. Despite all he had been going through, some of his friends still cared about his wellbeing. Brooklyn was glad that, even though he didn't have a mate of his own, he had been able to make friends with the most compassionate humans he ever met.

After they broke apart, Ginny tugged on his hand. "Come on, Brooklyn, you need to be with your brother. He's right there."

Brooklyn stood, following, and coming to his decision; he was going to tell Harry what was going on, even if it meant losing his trust as a brother, wanting to make up for all this.