Year Four Begins

"Harry?"

"Harry!" Two voices called out. Harry's eyes opened to see Hermione and his gargoyle brother, Brooklyn looking down at him in worry. His scar throbbed painfully.

"You okay, bro?" Brooklyn asked. Harry nodded as he sat up. But that nightmare still lingered in his mind. He could see Voldemort, of course. But who were the other people in the room, especially the one with wings? And that old man who died really hit him. And of all things, they had been talking about him and Brooklyn. But for now, he kept it to himself, for there was the Quidditch World Cup to think about!

Brooklyn himself was excited about the Cup, even if one of the negatives was having to wake up at the crack of dawn by Mrs. Weasley and Hermione. When he heard Harry's yells, he had immediately gone there, to make sure his little brother was okay before going back to bed.

For Brooklyn was a gargoyle deprived of his stone sleep and sent to this weird world and time by a trickster named Puck from his clan in Manhattan. And since then, he had been thrown into strange circumstances that involved meeting a little underfed human boy who he had formed a bond with. What he didn't realize was that Harry had survived a killing curse from the Dark Wizard, Voldemort, whom he had faced twice in a row so far.

When they arrived at Hogwarts, Brooklyn had been offered by Dumbledore to be Harry's guardian in exchange for helping him get home, since he already tried to contact his clan to no success.

In Harry's second year, Brooklyn had nearly died after being possessed by Lord Voldemort from his old diary that made him open the Chamber of Secrets out of his own free will. But Brooklyn triumphed over Voldemort's control and Harry destroyed the diary with a Basilisk fang.

And just last year, Harry reunited with his godfather, Sirius Black, who was still on the run with a Hippogriff named Buckbeak. He was the one who helped train Harry to be an Animagus, who can turn into a gargoyle. Brooklyn wondered why he didn't tell Dumbledore last year about it but told the twins instead. He would never figure out. He guessed it wasn't the right time to tell the headmaster until Harry got used to his gargoyle form.

He had also been able to perform most advanced magic: the Patronus Charm which took the form of a Phoenix.

For most of the summer after they picked him up from the Dursleys, Brooklyn trained Harry into being a gargoyle from fighting moves to gliding lessons. Harry was nervous about flying without his Firebolt, but after some encouragement he got the hang of it. And now, Brooklyn worried about Voldemort discovering Harry's new abilities, praying he wouldn't try and take that power for himself.

Deep down though, he still prayed that some kind of solution for going home would come, whether from Dumbledore or if another opportunity came along. Brooklyn shuddered when he remembered how Voldemort had offered him a way home after doing those tasks of opening the Chamber. But now he wondered, what if he had accepted Voldemort's offer to help him get home? What would have happened?

You would have been dead, or worse, taunted his voice that day before they went to the World Cup. Like McGonagall said, never trust things when you can't see where it keeps its brain!

At 5:30 AM, the Weasleys, Brooklyn and Harry were all trudging along to where their Portkey to the Cup was waiting for them, at first Brooklyn and Harry having no clue where it could possibly be, not even Mr. Weasley knew.

Along the way, they met up with a man Brooklyn had never seen before who greeted Mr. Weasley by his first name.

"Arthur! We've been waiting!" The man called.

"Sorry, Amos! Some of us had a bit of a sleepy start!" Mr. Weasley responded back, casting his eyes to Ron who yawned, and Brooklyn himself still felt a little tired, especially after some fighting training he and Harry did that wore them out.