Courtyard Apocalypse

Time seemed to pass by slowly; Percy and George were struggling to pry Fred away from hugging Ron's body, Hermione was still crying, Harry doing his best to comfort her.

Brooklyn stayed silent, silent tears falling down his cheeks. He still couldn't believe Ron was really dead. This had to be a bad dream, it had to!

But then reality shook him from his daze and he went to help Percy and George.

"Fred, come, we need to keep going, we can't help Ron now!" He roared above the noise of the battle. But Fred looked angry, glaring.

"No! I- I won't leave my brother!"

Before he could speak Hermione screamed as a huge spider showed up, shrieking and baring it's fangs. It was one of Aragog's descendants that have joined the battle.

Brooklyn stepped in front of his friends, wings spreaded out to their full length, hissing viciously.

"GET AWAY!" He screeched, baring his own fangs. He shot a spell about the same time Harry and Hermione did; knocking back the fiend. More spiders showed after that, causing the friends to hastily move out of the way, taking Ron's body and making sure it stayed hidden. Brook glanced once in sadness at his friend's corpse before Harry pulled him along with them.

It was absolute chaos in the heat of the battle; Brook could see figures in the dust, whether human or gargoyle, friend or foe, fighting each other or running for their lives. He pulled Fred back after Percy went after Rookwood, whose face was completely livid with grief and rage.

"No! Let me go!" He screamed, struggling as they went behind a tapestry. Brooklyn shook him.

"You must understand, you can't help Ron this way, he's gone. Just try to make sure the other Weasleys are ok!" He snarled, trying to snap sense into the twin who was shaking. After a while, Fred then nodded, and Brooklyn let him go. Fred ran out to find the rest of his siblings and parents, blasting enemies along the way.

"Now what?" Croaked Hermione tearfully, almost forgetting their Horcrux mission. But Brooklyn now understood why Voldemort was so attached to that evil serpent; she too was a Horcrux.

"It is her, Hermione. The snake. She's the last Horcrux. If we destroy her, we can finish Voldemort for good and end all this!" He growled, taking Harry's hand who nodded. "Harry, I know you don't want to, but you need to look for him. We need to know where Voldemort is," Brooklyn said to Harry who looked scared, but he understood what his brother was saying.

He closed his eyes, looking into Voldemort's mind again, revealing a very desolate and familiar room, seeing Lucius in front of him, looking nervous.

"M-my Lord? Wouldn't it be more prudent to call off this attack, and simply seek out the boy and gargoyle yourself?" He asked shakily. Voldemort glowered.

"No... Lucius. I don't need to seek them. By the time the night is out, the boy will come to me, and I shall make his precious brother watch me kill him." He purred silkily, watching his snake who stayed close, tongue flickering. He then sharply looked back at Lucius, who flinched.

"And as for that Demona, while I do love her motives, she too is nothing but a pawn in my little game. She will soon meet her own disgusting end. But go and find Severus Snape. Bring him to me..." Voldemort demanded, red eyes narrowed. Lucius gulped, nodding, as he left.

Harry gasped, snapping from his vision. Brooklyn had a gentle wing around his brother's body, holding him steady. "He's in the Shrieking Shack, Nagini's with him, he's called for Snape. We gotta hurry!" Brook and Hermione nodded, following after Harry. Brooklyn couldn't believe that bastard wasn't even fighting in his own war!