Grim Defeat and a Firebolt

Quidditch day came with raging thunderstorms. Brooklyn couldn't visit Sirius because of the weather, and he hoped that he found shelter, but was also more concerned for his brother. Why would Dumbledore and Wood allow them to play in lightning weather?

Plus, with the Fat Lady out of commission, she was replaced with Sir Cadogan of all portraits, who kept changing the password every week, guaranteed to drive Brooklyn insane.

He learned of the Hufflepuff Seeker: Cedric Diggory from Fred and George, who said that he was a really good player.

They all headed down to the pitch in the wind and rain, Brooklyn using his wings to try and keep himself dry in the stands after they found their seats.

Already, in the game, there were casualties as almost three players on both sides got taken down by lightning. Brooklyn prayed his brother would be okay as he watched him and Cedric go after the Snitch.

At first, they were lost in the rain and clouds for quite a while, until screams were heard in the crowd. Brooklyn's eyes widened in horror as he watched Harry falling from 50 feet in the air. And Dementors were coming for him! He growled, jumping onto the railing of the stands. Brooklyn wouldn't let his brother die, even if it meant him getting killed!

He raised his wings, and took off, with Hermione screaming for him not to, but it fell on deaf ears. The hard rain hit him in the face, making him wince in pain, as he struggled against the wind.

Brooklyn finally managed to grab Harry, gasping as the sudden weight began to take a toll because Harry had grown since they first met, as he tried to glide back. That's when a hooded face flew up in front of him, reaching out with those decaying hands, making Brooklyn reel back in fear, his breath catching in his chest. He just couldn't believe these monsters came to the game! He had to get Harry and himself away from them!

He steered and glided away from the one that tried to grab his face, nearly colliding into another in seconds. Brooklyn then found himself surrounded, ten dementors that began circling all around him like birds of prey, he couldn't find an opening, his eyes rounding.

It happened, the white fog began to make him lose concentration on his gliding once again, Harry feeling heavier, gritting his teeth, and shaking his head, as Goliath's screams rang in his head. Brooklyn once again wanted to help his leader but doing so would cause him to let go.

Can't drop my brother! Can't! He thought desperately, panic threatening to engulf him as everything started spinning, unable to keep himself in the air anymore, feeling rather sick, as a dementor came too close.

Amidst the chaos, Brooklyn felt white hot pain strike his right wing, lightning which burned a small hole in it. He yelled aloud, Harry slipping from his grasp, feeling himself falling as well, the screams of Goliath continuing.

He kept falling right to the ground, vaguely hearing the cries of fear from the crowd below, along with Dumbledore's strong voice shouting out a strange spell...

...

"You think they'll be alright? I mean they fell over fifty feet. It's amazing they're still alive!"

"Give them air, mate!"

"Lucky for Brook, Pomfrey could fix up his wing, even after being struck by lightning."

"Did you see all those dementors? It was horrible, never seen Dumbledore so angry before..."

Brooklyn's eyes opened wearily, gasping a bit at seeing unfamiliar blurred figures before him, and cried out for Goliath again, confused with his surroundings, sweating, and shaking under bedcovers. The team looked at one another with worry, since Brooklyn had the most worrisome reaction to those dementors.