Sectumsempra and Horcruxes

Ron had recovered well over the next few weeks, and the along with more good news: Katie Bell had finally returned around April, with the snow melting at last. The friends sat together, Ron talking about how he was thrilled to be shot of Lavender, who Brooklyn could see she was watching Ron with Hermione with a mad glare.

But then, he saw the one person he longed to have spent Christmas with: Katie Bell, who was walking down the aisle. Joy flooded his veins, as he nudged Harry, pointing to her, and the two of them rushed over to meet Katie. Brooklyn felt tears of happiness slide down his cheeks, as he called to her.

"Katie!" He sobbed joyfully. She turned around, gasping softly at her beloved friend, and she too began crying, and the two of them hugged each other as they've never hugged before, even sharing a small kiss on each other's cheeks comfortingly. Harry watched this before him, happy that Brooklyn had his girl back.

He stroked her soft hair again, not wanting to let go. Harry then asked a question.

"Katie, did you remember who attacked-." Katie shook her head before Harry could finish. "No, I have tried to remember, but all that comes to me is my vision going blank by the time I exited the bathroom," she replied in a sad tone. Brooklyn held her comfortingly.

"Don't worry about it now, Katie. You're back now." He murmured, until Harry tapped him on the shoulder, pointing. He glanced up, and saw, to his anger, Draco Malfoy, who was standing there looking horrified.

That's when something different sparked in the gargoyle who let go of Katie, saying he would see her later, as the brothers followed the blond boy out.

They followed Malfoy until he entered the boy's bathrooms. Harry and Brooklyn snuck in quietly, and Brooklyn thought he heard, sobbing. Was Malfoy actually crying? And to top it all, he could hear Moaning Myrtle.

"Don't," she crooned, while Malfoy sobbed even harder. "Don't... tell me what's wrong... I can help..."

"No!" Choked Malfoy. "Nobody can help... it won't work... he says he'll kill me!"

Brooklyn's inner rage then flamed up, so it had been Malfoy who had cursed Katie and poisoned Ron! His eyes narrowed, as he drew his wand. Malfoy spotted the two behind him, his face tear-stained from crying, and glared.

"You'll pay, Draco Malfoy! I swear you'll pay!" Bellowed Brooklyn. Then Malfoy knew he was in trouble, but he wouldn't escape this without a fight, so he struck first. Brooklyn instantly ducked his rival's spell, which shattered a mirror behind them. Harry shot his own in retaliation, while Myrtle screamed at them to stop. But Brooklyn wouldn't stop until he had justice for his beloved Katie!

The fight continued, until Malfoy was about to shoot the torture curse at Harry, until Harry shouted out "Sectumsempra!" Malfoy screamed and blood suddenly spurted from his face. Brooklyn froze, staring in shock at the spell's effect, as Malfoy collapsed to the floor, the blood staining his clothes and the water around him, Myrtle screaming murder in the bathroom.

"H-Harry, did you know it could do that?" Brooklyn asked in a hoarse whisper, as his brother shook his head, staring down in horror. Snape arrived at that moment, gazing back and forth between Malfoy and the brothers with an unreadable expression, until Brooklyn coaxed Harry out, who couldn't move from what he had done, for Snape seemed to be more distracted in healing Draco than punishing them, giving the perfect opportunity to scram out of there.

As they left, Brooklyn could hear Snape doing a healing spell that sounded like a song.

Brooklyn sat next to Harry in the common room later that evening, a comforting arm around him, who still looked guilty about using Sectumsempra, and the Half Blood Prince's book lay nearby. Ginny and Katie had both been informed of it, and remained close to their friends.