The Pensive

There had been a mini uproar since Crouch was killed. Hagrid found Brooklyn and Harry standing over Crouch and called on Dumbledore.

Security had begun investigating the mystery, but classes continued on normally, and Brooklyn himself stood guard outside the Divination classroom. He had been hired by Dumbledore to stay watch over all of Harry's classes, in case the one who attacked Crouch would want to kill Harry.

Before this happened, he had received a visit from his friend Brody, who told him all that had happened at the Second Task, and Brooklyn thanked him for saving Harry from the Grindylows when he couldn't.

"It was nothing, my friend. Least I could do for your brother," he said in a playful voice, grinning. "If you need more of my help here, just call with this," he then said, holding out a small conch shell. Brooklyn took it, putting it into his pouch, grinning back, grateful for his new friend's present, whenever it came in handy.

Now, as he stood outside the Divination classroom, Brooklyn stared absentmindedly at his gift from Brody, simply thinking, until he heard a scream. Startled, he quickly went up the ladder, where he saw Harry lying down on the floor, clutching his scar, as if he woke from a bad dream. Everybody, including Trelawney, was staring down at Harry, looking scared. Annoyed with their lack of help, Brooklyn stormed over, kneeling down.

"Harry!" He called, shaking him, until he snapped out of it, staring up at Brooklyn, eyes round with fear, a hand over his scar.

"Are you alright?" Ron asked worriedly, coming over to help hold Harry up.

"Yeah, just need to go to the hospital wing," he muttered, but gave Brooklyn an anxious look that clearly told him that Harry needed to see Dumbledor.

But Trelawney looked over-dramatic once more.

"My dear, you were undoubtedly stimulated by the extraordinarily clairvoyant vibrations of my room!" She cried. "If you leave now, you may lose the opportunity to see further than you have ever—."

Brooklyn interrupted. "All my brother needs is a headache cure!" He hissed, glaring at the old fraud who seemed affronted by his sudden outburst, but still eyed him with curiosity, and he groaned. She still obviously saw him as a seer; of course that would never happen!

The gargoyle guided Harry down, and they went not towards the hospital wing, but to Dumbledore's office.

"Was it that dream again?" He asked Harry, who nodded.

"It gets more real every day, Brook. And I keep seeing her with him, smiling whenever Voldemort tortures Wormtail, as though she enjoys seeing humans suffer. It's horrible!"

Yeah, that's Demona for sure, Brooklyn thought grimly, praying she and him wouldn't cross paths anytime soon!

They arrived at the entrance, where Harry tried several different passwords, until one, Cockroach Cluster, let them in, and they could hear voices from within the office.

"A man has died here, Fudge, and he won't be the last! You need to take action!"

"I will not! At times like these, the Wizarding World looks to its leaders for strength, Dumbledore!"

The Minister is actually here? Brooklyn was surprised, as they listened in, hearing them in a heated argument.

"Then for once, show them some!" came Dumbledore's hot reply. The brothers glanced at each other, worry on their faces. If Dumbledore and the Minister were arguing, this was bad news.

"The Tri-Wizard Tournament will not be canceled! I will not be seen as a coward!"

"A true leader does what's right, no matter what others think."