Fallen Warrior and the Wedding

Mrs. Weasley had a frantic look on her face, as she greeted the trio, Brooklyn stumbling just a tad, face wincing with pain, and Hagrid supporting him.

"What had happened?" Gasped Mrs. Weasley. "Where are the others?"

Hagrid frowned. "They had been on us right from the start, we didn't stand a chance."

When Mrs. Weasley had asked about Wyvern, Harry shook his head at her, gesturing to Brooklyn, and she understood, nodding, deciding to leave it be.

Lupin and George were the first to arrive back, but something was wrong, Lupin was supporting George, and the left side of his head was bleeding at a rapid pace. Brooklyn felt worry for George strike him as they all filed inside, Mrs. Weasley lying George down onto the couch. Then Brooklyn saw the damage: George's left ear was blown off, a hole where the ear should have been.

His stomach churned at the sight, feeling his face going green. Brooklyn had never seen such decapitation before. But then Lupin suddenly pinned Harry against the wall, pointing his wand.

Brooklyn's eyes flashed white. "Oi!" He roared furiously, wondering why Lupin was doing this. "Get off him!" But Lupin ignored Brooklyn, staring hard into Harry's eyes.

"What creature sat in the corner the day Harry Potter first visited my office at Hogwarts?!" He demanded. Harry looked scared but answered as honestly as he could. "A Grindylow in a tank, wasn't it?" Lupin gave a small sigh, releasing Harry.

Both Hagrid and Brooklyn glared. "What was that?" Demanded Brooklyn hotly. Lupin looked at them apologetically.

"Sorry, I just needed to ensure that Harry wasn't an Imposter, for they knew he was being moved tonight," Lupin said in a tired voice. Brooklyn nodded then in understanding. "Yeah, but just be a bit less forceful," he huffed.

More sounds from outside, and Lupin went out to make sure they weren't Death Eaters, either, but thankfully it was only Kingsley, Mr. Weasley, Fred, and Hermione. Lupin drew his wand, pointing at Kingsley.

"The last words Albus Dumbledore spoke to the pair of us?" Kingsley said, while Brooklyn watched from afar.

Lupin breathed a bit before answering. "Harry is the best hope we have, trust him." Kingsley then glanced to Harry. "What gave you away?"

"Hedwig, and Wyvern. Hedwig is fine, but Wyvern died protecting us," Harry said, as Brooklyn nodded. "I was then hit with some kind of liquid that took away the disillusion charm."

Kingsley narrowed his eyes. "The Thief's Downfall, they call it. But as long as you're all here, that is what matters."

And to Brooklyn's relief, Ron appeared with Tonks. Hermione ran over to hug her friend, as he changed back to normal. Harry and Brooklyn also both went in for a group hug, glad each other was safe.

Mr. Weasley looked around. "Are we the last back? Where's George?" He asked. Harry and Brooklyn both had despondent looks on their faces, because of George's missing ear. Mr. Weasley paled before running inside to find his son.

Mrs. Weasley stroked George's hair, as he woke. Brooklyn just stared for a time, at the hole, which was Snape's doing, and it made him even more angry at the former Professor and murderer of Dumbledore.

Fred grinned sadly down at his twin. "How are you feeling, George?" George spoke in a hoarse whisper.

"Saint-like, I'm holey. I'm holey Fred. Gettit?" He chuckled. Fred rolled his eyes, while Brooklyn shook his head.

"A whole wide world of ear related humor, and you go for I'm holey, that's pathetic."

"Yeah, at least you can tell us apart now, Mum," George said to Mrs. Weasley who had tears in her eyes.