Knight Bus and the Minister

The Portkey dropped Brooklyn into a quiet nighttime setting of Privet Drive. Pulling himself up and placing the boot into his bag, he trudged down the silent street towards number 4, hoping to find his brother before anything bad happened, for his device was still blinking.

I hope those morons haven't hurt him, or so help me... Brooklyn growled silently to himself, his hatred towards that despicable human family growing again. He was gonna chew them out if they did!

There were luckily not so many people out, except for one old lady wearing a hairnet. Brooklyn immediately then realized that it was Mrs. Figg, who didn't seem so disturbed by his appearance. On the contrary, she simply gave him a little nod.

Guess I can take that, he thought, giving Mrs. Figg a little wave as he moved along before finally spotting Number 4, and to his opinion, the Burrow looked much better. He was glad now not to have to hide in the smelly second room anymore and was looking forward to busting his brother out.

Suddenly, he heard screaming, mostly a woman's, and Mr. Dursley of course. Eyes narrowed, Brooklyn quickly hid in the bushes near the patio area, where he saw the most confusing thing ever.

A fat woman, literally, she was the size of a beach ball, was floating off the ground, Mr. Dursley trying in vain to pull her down while a bulldog was biting his leg.

Okay, either this woman ate too much that she floated off the ground, or Harry was involved somehow, Brooklyn imagined, smirking a little as he watched Mr. Dursley slip and fall face first onto the grass, the fat woman screaming as she floated off into the sky.

He quietly snuck his way towards the front door, where a lot of shouting was going on, and Brooklyn heard his brother's and the Whale's voices.

"YOU BRING HER BACK RIGHT NOW AND PUT HER RIGHT!"

"No! She deserved what she got!" Harry's voice yelled, sounding very angry. Brooklyn gripped the edge of the building with his talons, eyes glowing as he eventually figured that lady who floated away was another bad one in Harry's 'family'.

Right as Vernon yelled again, the gargoyle couldn't wait any longer as he growled, storming up to the door and slamming it open, eyes glowing at a great intensity, just in time to see that overgrown walrus about to bear down onto his little brother.

"Don't you dare!" He bellowed, pointing a talon right into his chest, making the coward quail away from him, recognizing this monster from last summer.

"Y-you!" He croaked. Brooklyn folded his arms, growling viciously. Harry grinned at the sight of him.

"I don't think you two properly met," Harry said in a brave voice, as he drew his wand.

The Dursleys all cowered in front of this red demon, who towered over them, wings extended to their full height.

"I've come to take my brother away from you pigs for the rest of the year. And to be quite frank, I'm sick and tired of your treatment of him! He's your blood, for Pete's sake!"

Dudley was really scared of this beast right now, especially since it could talk, but when he heard it call Harry its brother, he was surprised. When did that happen?

"You'd better start to treat him better, or else I'm coming back for another visit. We're leaving right now. And don't you dare try anything funny!" Brooklyn hissed, giving them his fiercest glare, while guiding Harry to the door. That's when Vernon stupidly spoke.

"And just where else do you think you're going to go?"

Brooklyn turned sharply, and he cowered again. "I think I have a general idea," He huffed, and with that, he took Harry's hand and the two of them left, Brooklyn slamming the door for good measure.