Peter Pettigrew and the Dementor's Kiss

Brooklyn couldn't speak for a while, too angry at the Ministry for taking an innocent life. He could hear Hermione crying next to him, and he couldn't blame her for doing so. He felt as though the superiors in this Wizarding world were just as corrupt as the ones from his own, always taking rash action, blaming innocent people, etc. He was suddenly snapped from his thoughts by Ron yelping in pain, and a squeak from Scabbers.

"He bit me!" Ron cried, holding his bleeding finger. Turning sharply, Brooklyn spotted that traitorous human-rat scurrying away. His vision turned red, and he snarled viciously, charging after Pettigrew, his heart out for blood, no way in hell letting this monster escape again!

Harry stared in shock at Brooklyn suddenly going for Peter, murder in his eyes. He too wanted to let the man pay for betraying his parents, but blindly killing wasn't the answer. He had to stop his brother from doing this!

"What's wrong with Brooklyn? Doesn't he realize it is just Scabbers?" Ron exclaimed, confusion and fear for his rat in his eyes, as he turned and ran after him.

"Ron, wait!" Harry yelled, as he and Hermione tore after their friends in earnest, as it led them to the Whomping Willow.

Scabbers was squealing in panic, Brooklyn hot on his heels, getting closer. "You won't get away, Murderer!" he roared.

Ron suddenly appeared, pushing the gargoyle out of the way, right before he could grab the filth. He grabbed Scabbers in his hands, backing away from the crazed gargoyle, grunting as he pushed himself off the ground where he fell, wings spread wide, beginning to move in on them, talons extended.

"Please, Brook! He's just a rat!" Ron wailed, gripping Peter close to his chest, who was squealing very loudly.

"You don't know who you've been housing all these years, Ronald. Give me that rat, he's dangerous!" Brooklyn snarled, pointing his talon at him.

Ron trembled, staring down at Scabbers in his hands before another sound came from behind. Ron looked terrified as he pointed a trembling finger "G-Grim!" he yelped. Turning around, Brooklyn spotted Sirius, in his dog form, growling.

Oh no! Brooklyn thought in horror, forgetting about his anger almost immediately. Sirius barked, charging forward, but Brooklyn wouldn't let him attack Peter yet as he intercepted, grabbing Sirius, and trying to hold him down.

"Sirius, don't attack him right now! They don't know about Peter yet!" He bellowed, trying to knock some sense into the man. Sirius then began to settle, though he still looked angry at Pettigrew. Ron was thunderstruck.

"Brooklyn? H-how do you know that dog? And that dog is Sirius Black?" The gargoyle winced, looking a little guilty, but knew it was time to tell Ron and Hermione everything.

"We have a lot of explaining to do," he muttered, looking over to Sirius, who was giving him pleading puppy dog eyes, as though begging to kill Peter.

"No, not yet!" Brooklyn snapped, not giving into the Bambi eyes this time! Sirius slumped to the dirt, giving out a small whimper noise.

Harry and Hermione joined them a while later followed by the sudden appearance of Crookshanks, and they all proceeded into the Whomping Willow passageway into the Shrieking Shack.

Harry and Brooklyn both explained their stories to Ron and Hermione about Sirius being innocent, along with going out of his way into teaching Brooklyn the Patronus and Harry an Animagus. At first, they were surprised and a little betrayed, but Brooklyn told them of how they couldn't bring Sirius into the spotlight yet until they revealed Peter.

But just at that moment when they finished, Lupin arrived, his face looking tired and worn, but his eyes had a little anger and surprise.

"And what is all this? Why are you four with Sirius Black?" He demanded, but then Sirius smirked at him, suddenly giving him a hug by like brothers. Brooklyn was somewhat happy that two old friends reunited, but he wished it was under different circumstances.