Quidditch and Heartbreaks

It was finally Quidditch day! Brooklyn was feeling really excited about finally getting to see this new kind of sport firsthand.

A while ago, Harry showed off his new Nimbus broom to Brooklyn by zooming around the Quidditch field and catching golf balls that Brooklyn would throw him for practice.

The red gargoyle was also glad that Hermione was finally their friend. He and her have had pleasant times together when she wasn't studying. She even taught him a new spell: a spell that makes flames appear out of thin air. This became Brooklyn's new favorite spell next to the disarming Charm.

They also discussed the state of Snape's leg and how he reacted to Brooklyn asking about it.

"I say Snape was trying to get past that three headed dog, so he let in the Troll!" Ron had proclaimed while sitting at the table in the Great Hall.

"I'm not so sure, Ron," Brooklyn said. He never liked to accuse people of things they never did unless he actually saw them do it. "Maybe he was trying to protect whatever the dog was guarding."

Harry had said nothing, and hadn't touched his food. It was almost time for him and the team to head down to the pitch and was very nervous. Brooklyn noticed this.

"You really should eat, Harry," he suggested. "You need your strength for the game."

Harry shook his head.

"Listen to Brooklyn, Harry. Seekers are always the ones being clobbered by the other teams!" Seamus put in.

"Gee, thanks," Grumbled Harry while watching Seamus putting ketchup on his eggs. Brooklyn didn't understand why anybody would do that.

Eventually, Brooklyn, Ron, and Hermione along with the rest of the school to the stadium. Brooklyn's nerves were twitching with excitement. He wished his clan could watch this with him!

As they found their seats, the gargoyle glanced around at the Gryffindor fans. Some of them were holding up a flashing banner that said POTTER FOR PRESIDENT!

"I sure hope we win!" Ron said nervously.

"I've seen Harry on his broom. He'll probably outstrip them!" Brooklyn assured him.

He then heard Madam Hooch blow the whistle and Brooklyn gazed over to see the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams appear in a circle around her. Glancing at the Slytherin Captain, Brooklyn decided he looked like he had some Troll blood in him, and didn't look so pleasant.

Boy, I hope I don't run into that guy on a bad day, he thought, watching Oliver and the Slytherin Captain, Flint, shake hands. Flint looked like he was trying to crush Oliver's with his hard grip.

Madam Hooch placed her hands on her hips. "Now, I want a nice clean game from all of you!" She announced, mostly looking at the Slytherin team.

Brooklyn watched her kick off the game by kicking open the trunk, and two black balls along with one small golden one (Bludgers and Snitch), all zoomed out and flew around the pitch.

The teams then took off. Brooklyn spotted Katie Bell catch the Quaffle and throwing it to Angelina Johnson, who flew towards the end of the pitch, throwing the Quaffle, and getting it in the hoop with a perfect shot!

"Angelina Johnson scores! Ten points go to the Gryffindor team! And might I add how hot she is—"

"JORDAN!" The gargoyle heard McGonagall yell at the commentator, Lee Jordan. He chuckled. This was different from other commentators he heard in other sports like Football.

The game continued on with Brooklyn on the edge of his bench, praying for their team to win and for Harry to catch the Snitch. Things had gone pretty violent when the troll, Flint, used a Beater's bat to hit a Bludger at Wood, knocking him out and leaving the goalpost unprotected.