A Rescue Mission

The big moment finally came as Brooklyn packed what he had and made his way downstairs at 4:00, where he spotted Tom the Bartender cleaning, to his surprise.

"Why are you awake this early?" Brooklyn questioned. Tom gave him his usuals toothless grin.

"Gotta keep busy, my friend. But what had you up this early?"

Brooklyn's wings flapped nervously. "Er, just meeting some friends?"

Tom continued to look at him, and he gave in.

"Fine, I'm going to get my brother from those so called relatives of his. He hasn't been answering my letters and I asked for help."

Tom smiled. "It's always nice to see brothers being loyal to each other, even if they aren't the same species."

Brooklyn smiled back at him. He always held respect for Tom, who hadn't been scared of him when they first met. The gargoyle gave a wave as he left, greeting Ron at the doorway.

"Hey! You ready for this?" Ron greeted in an excited voice. Brooklyn nodded, excitement bubbling in his chest as he followed Ron, carrying his things and giving Erroll back to him as well.

The two of them entered a dark alleyway where Fred and George stood, next to an old fashioned Ford Angela? Hey, even gargoyles like Brooklyn could research vehicles, too!

He folded his arms. "Uh, was this your transportation? How long did it take for you to drive here? Is this even your car?"

Fred simply laughed. "This is dad's. He works for the Ministry of Magic for the department of Muggle Artifacts Office, and he loves to tinker with this kind of stuff. We're only borrowing it."

"Mum got pretty angry when he was caught messing with the car to make it fly. We believe he might have been successful." George added.

Brooklyn had a strange expression on his face, feeling quite weirded out about this being a flying car. Will he even fit in there?

Ron stood near him. "Don't worry, they have flown it quite a lot."

They all piled in. Brooklyn struggled, but they managed to secure him in the backseat with George while Ron and Fred were in the front.

Fred started it up. Brooklyn gulped. "You sure you can really fly this thing?" He asked, feeling even more nervous.

"Like Ron said, done this quite a bit, with not too many casualties!"

Oh, Jalapeña! Brooklyn thought, shutting his eyes and gripping his seat as the car moved, taking off into air. He had ridden motorcycles, helicopters, but this, this was taking flying vehicles too far for him!

He gritted his teeth as the car shook in the air, until Fred turned to see him all tensed up.

"Hey! Lighten up back there! We're experts, don't worry! We just never used this car to rescue anybody before!"

Brooklyn rolled his eyes. "Thank you, I feel so much better now," he grumbled sarcastically, his face turning green at the view from above. He rarely flew this high into the clouds.

Another few minutes of flying, they approached the lesser houses.

"We should be getting close! See if you recognize anything, Brooklyn!" Fred called. Brooklyn nodded as he poked his head out the window, the wind whipping his hair back as he scanned for any sightings of Privet Drive.

At last, he spotted the cursed village, with their houses all looking the same as usual. He pointed. "Take us left, Fred! I found it!"

Nodding, Fred turned the steering wheel towards the house.