Year Seven Begins

(I already posted my whole story on fanfiction, just copying and pasting the chapters here.

....

Brooklyn stood in the living room of number 4, watching Harry trying to explain the situation to his relatives, for they were to leave to a safe area far away from Voldemort with a pair of Ministry Officials because once his little brother turned 17, the protection over the house was gone.

Kingsley couldn't be there with the Dursley for he was protecting the Muggle Prime Minister and part of Harry's escort. Currently his Clan was at Hogwarts, protecting it in his place while they hunted Horcruxes to defeat their enemies for good. He gave a small sigh, it seemed only yesterday he was sitting on the Hogwarts express for the first time in this wizarding world, listening to Ron and Harry talking about exotic candy and such, and now here they were, the darkest hour about to come down upon them all.

After a while, Harry finally managed to get Vernon to agree into going with Diggle and Hestia, for Dudley had spoken, saying he wanted to go, that surprised the red gargoyle greatly. Harry glanced at the clock mantlepiece.

"They'll be here, soon. Brooklyn, I'm gonna pack, can you, uh, entertain them until they get here?" Brooklyn winced, not liking the idea of being alone with the Dursleys of all people, but nodded reluctantly, awkwardly flapping his wings as Harry left.

The Dursleys just stared at Brooklyn for a time, who cleared his throat, while looking about the room.

Dudley peeked out from behind his mother, timidly speaking up.

"Uh, B-Brooklyn?" He said in a small voice, startling him a little at hearing Dudley saying his name for the first time.

"Yeah?" He said. Dudley stepped out from behind his mother, cautiously moving forward.

Okay, this is weird right now. Did those Dementors kick out his rude behavior or something? Brooklyn wondered, raising his brow.

"H-how did you two become, well, brothers?" Dudley asked. Brooklyn noticed the curiosity in the boy's gaze, he didn't look hostile at all, despite Vernon glaring after him, while Petunia wrung her hands together.

Brooklyn sighed a bit before speaking.

"He found and helped me, Dudley. I wound up in a pretty tight spot with a trickster named Puck."

Dudley stared. "You mean from a Midsummer's Night's Dream? He's real?" He gaped. Sure, he preferred T.V., but any kind of story that had action and anything else like that, sometimes can spark his interest, mostly when his old teacher had assigned it to his class once, he couldn't help but take a peek at the book she had loaned out to the class for homework while trying to avoid it.

Brooklyn nodded. "Yeah, Puck, Oberon, Titania are as real as you and me are." Vernon made a disbelieving snort but Brooklyn ignored him.

"Puck cast a spell on me, taking away my ability to turn to stone, sending me here. When I felt lost and ridiculed of help, your cousin happened across me in my worst time, and somehow, our bond towards one another just, clicked, and we slowly became brothers. And since then, we've protected one another, once Harry saved me from being controlled by that Dark Wizard he told you about."

Petunia's eyes popped. "Y-you were—?" She whimpered, not liking the idea of a Dark Wizard brainwashing you to do his bidding. Even Vernon felt himself paling as the gargoyle nodded again, still feeling rather ashamed about it. "He nearly destroyed my soul, forcing me to Petrify innocent children with his serpent, but my brother defeated him in the end."

Petunia gave small panicked gasps, while Vernon for a time didn't know what to say, first killing Potter's parents to using his gargoyle friend as an unwilling puppet, it just sounded too crazy to be real.