The Hearing

The next morning before the hearing was quite nerve wracking for the brothers, and Brooklyn didn't even want to touch his breakfast. After a few people wished them luck, Harry and Brooklyn left with Mr. Weasley.

They took the underground subways to a small London Town, where Harry had to show Mr. Weasley how to use a ticket booth, which was quite hilarious for Brooklyn to watch him trying to get past the security gate.

Eventually they came to an old red telephone booth, where the three of them managed to fit inside, Brooklyn was surprised the small box was even able to hold someone his size. Mr. Weasley punched in the passcode number, and a woman's cool voice spoke.

"Names and business, please." Brooklyn found the voice to be a little creepy.

"Arthur Weasley, Harry Potter, and Brooklyn, summoned to a Disciplinary Hearing."

"Thank you. Take the silver badge and place it on the front of your robes," the female voice spoke, and there was a clinking sound, and Brooklyn saw in the coin slot three silver badges coming out. Mr. Weasley handed his and Harry's. He read the front:

Brooklyn

Disciplinary Hearing

He rolled his eyes. Nice badge, tch. He could've put something cooler or more pleasant under his name, but he guessed this was fine for now.

"The Ministry of Magic wishes you a pleasant morning," the voice then spoke in the same cool tone.

Yeah, to you too, grouchy woman, Brooklyn thought as he felt the telephone box begin to move, and it started to sink downward like an elevator. Eventually the London village sank out of sight, and they were in a completely different place. The Ministry of Magic.

Mr. Weasley opened the door, and Brooklyn couldn't help but stare open mouthed in amazement. To him it was like a small underground village, the entrance lined with floo powder fireplaces as witches and wizards appeared in the green flames, magic paper airplanes zooming about in groups, delivering messages he guessed, and a large fountain of a Wizard, a witch, along with a Centaur and a house elf, who appeared to be praising the bigger statues. The water was filled with money to be donated to the hospital that Brooklyn had yet to see, St. Mungos.

The trio approached security, who asked for their wands, and cleared them to go on ahead, even though he kept staring at Brooklyn's appearance.

After walking along, jostled by the crowd, they entered an elevator with other people crowded between them. One or two people looked a little nervous about being near Brooklyn, who tried to ignore them, for earlier, he saw more newspapers with the same headline, including one that said: Dumbledore: Daft or Dangerous?

"Morning, Arthur," called a Wizard with a large beard, holding a crate in his arms. Brooklyn noticed that there was trails of smoke coming out.

"What have you got there, Bob?" Mr. Weasley asked.

"We're not sure, we thought it was a bog standard chicken until it started breathing fire. Looks like a serious breach of the Ban on Experimental Breeding to me."

Now Brooklyn made a mental note to not mention this fire breathing chicken to Hagrid, who would want one for his collection, as the paper airplanes from earlier zoomed over his head. They were purple with a gold M stamped on it.

"Just Interdepartmental Memos, Brooklyn and Harry. We used to use owls, but the mess was unbelievable." Mr. Weasley said softly to the two of them.

Brooklyn nodded. "Gotcha," he muttered, imagining owls doing their business on people's desks, and it made sense to him that they'd switch to paper airplanes.