Mudbloods, Feathers, and New Nightmares

Brooklyn followed his friends outside, feeling a little better after his conversation with Tom Riddle and the fresh wind blowing in his face. He just hoped that in time, Mrs. Weasley would trust him again.

He looked over to see the doofus, Gilderoy Lockhart with Professor Sprout the Herbology teacher. He had gotten acquainted with her one time last year. She seemed quite jolly, and enjoyed getting her hands dirty when doing Herbology.

They were looking at the tree that they hit yesterday, with its branches now in slings.

Brooklyn quickly continued with his friends, praying that Lockhart wouldn't see him, but too late. He came towards them, smiling a large smile that showed off his white teeth, wearing turquoise robes today.

"Oh, hello there!" He called. Brooklyn groaned silently as he glowered at the Professor, who was oblivious to his hate of him.

"Just showing Professor Sprout here the right way to doctor a Whomping Willow!"

Ah, so that's what that monster tree is called, Brooklyn noted to himself, looking over at the tree again, its arms in slings. He would have to ask Tom Riddle when the tree was planted later.

"Greenhouse three today, chaps!" Sprout announced, also giving Lockhart a cold look. Brooklyn grinned. At least he and Harry weren't the only ones who hated this goofball of a human!

Lockhart then requested Sprout to let Harry be a few minutes late, but Brooklyn responded to this by hissing sharply at Lockhart, making him jump a few feet in the air, his hat falling off as he ran for the hills.

The brothers hi fived one another at Brooklyn's success at scaring him as Harry went in, Sprout asking Brooklyn to wait outside.

Brooklyn watched from the window, seeing them all having a lesson on Mandrakes, strange ugly baby living roots (literally, they looked like human babies) as they gave off a high pitched squeal when being taken out of the dirt. Brooklyn almost had to suffer the rest of the class by trying to block out the noise until Sprout noticed and gave him earmuffs.

Classes and patrols continued on as usual along with the new addition of chatting with Tom Riddle. He even one day visited Hagrid while on his patrol break who showed Brooklyn his new big Pumpkins.

"Wow, they're getting big!" Brooklyn commented as he measured one that was almost his size.

"Yeah, been givin' them a bit o' help. Look forward to carvin' faces for Halloween next month!" Hagrid said proudly, while fingering his pink umbrella he had with him. Brooklyn raised his brow, but decided not to question it. Hagrid also showed off some healthy new roosters he had gotten recently, too, before Brooklyn decided to head back to check on Harry, waving goodbye.

He took the time to tell Tom about his adventures in Hogwarts, even when during some moments where Tom got a little weird, like when he asked about Hagrid's chicken coop.

The chickens are healthy enough, he got five new roosters. Why do you ask, Tom?

No reason. Am surprised that Hagrid is still here and gamekeeper. We were also at school together. Did you mention me to him?

Brooklyn found himself shaking his head.

Uh, I didn't, I haven't told anybody about you at all. Why?

Because me and Hagrid haven't exactly been on best terms. I really don't want to discuss what had happened between us. Tom's words replied.

Okay, I won't mention you to Hagrid then.

Thank you, Brooklyn, it's nice to know that you understand.

Brooklyn smiled, happy that he found Tom Riddle to talk with when Harry was in classes. Sure, he could talk to some others like Hagrid, but this felt the best place to be when writing down his troubles, and receiving advice right back on the pages.