Luna's Father and the Deathly Hallows

Brooklyn had slept soundly through the night, until he had been woken by Harry's voice, calling them out.

What he saw as he pulled the tent flap back... it was too unreal, and Brooklyn thought it was the potion playing mind games with him.

It was Ron, standing there with Harry, both soaked, and Ron was holding two things: a destroyed locket, and the Sword of Gryffindor. After weeks on end, through Christmas, and fighting off a crazy snake, he decides now to come back?!

"Harry? What happened? And what is he even doing here?" Brooklyn demanded in an almost breathless angry voice. Ron looked pretty scared of Brooklyn's angry look, as the gargoyle started towards him, hands balled.

"Brook, wait! Ron helped me when I tried getting the sword out of a pool that a silver doe led me to!" Harry exclaimed, stepping in front of Ron.

"A Silver Doe? What are you talking about?" Brooklyn asked, wondering how could there even be a silver doe in the first place?

Hermione, though, was even more angry than him. Ron awkwardly waved to her. "Hey!"

She stormed up to Ron, punching every inch of him. Ron yelped, trying to cover himself from her.

"Ouch! Stop it! Bloody hell, gerroff!" He yelled. Brooklyn felt some satisfaction watching this, arms and wings folded. If he couldn't do it, let the angry mother hen do it for him.

"You... complete... arse Ronald Weasley! You show up here after weeks, and you say 'hey?'" She hissed, eyes flashing dangerously, before turning to the brothers.

"Where's my wand, Harry?" She demanded, and Brooklyn noted Harry quickly putting Hermione's wand behind him, and he was glad now that his wand was in his saddlebag, after Hermione demanded it from him next.

Ron then showed them the destroyed Horcrux, and told them his story of how he came here, that even included being caught by a gang of Snatchers.

"Snatchers?" Brooklyn asked in a harsh angry voice, and Ron nodded.

"Yeah, gangs of Dark Wizard bounty hunters you can call them, rounding up any loose Muggleborns and Blood Traitors. And from what I've heard, their leader longs to get his hands on you for a big price next to Harry, Brook," Ron said. Brooklyn scoffed.

"I'd teach that puny wizard who is boss before he hauls me into the Ministry!" He proclaimed confidently, folding his arms, but still felt pretty mad at Ron.

Ron continued on, explaining how he had come to his senses, hearing Hermione's voice coming out of the Deluminator just saying his name.

"I clicked the Deluminator, and a little ball of light appeared, going right into my chest, here," he said, while Brooklyn raised his brow. This was raising so many questions on so many levels. How could the Deluminator even talk?

His story ended with how he and Harry destroyed the Horcrux, and Brooklyn slowly felt his anger towards Ron evaporate. What Ron must've gone through to use the Sword on the locket...

Speaking of which, Brooklyn had his gaze back onto the familiar sword in front of him. It felt strange to see it again in the physical world after using it in his mind.

After Ron finished, Hermione didn't speak anymore, rather than turning on her heel and stalking back into the tent. Brooklyn slowly went up to Ron, no longer angry.

Ron and Brooklyn both stared at one another, before eventually the two apologized to each other for their outbursts that night.

"And I'm sorry for almost striking you," Brooklyn said awkwardly. Ron chuckled.