Rita Skeeter and a Hungarian Horntail

Ever since Harry had been announced the fourth Champion, things hadn't been going too well for him. And even with Brooklyn, it went right back to the harsh glares and sometimes throwing things at him again.

This reminded Brooklyn of when they lost 150 house points in the first year, and prayed like before, they will forgive and forget.

The other Champions, especially that Fleur girl, whom he started to dislike ever since she gave him the scorned look that night, bashed his brother whenever they could, except for Cedric, who didn't seem to care about it, and tried being friendly with them.

It made things worse when most of the student body except Hermione, Cedric, and Ginny began wearing badges that flickered three messages: one that flashed bright red saying SUPPORT CEDRIC DIGGORY, THE REAL HOGWARTS CHAMPION, that flashed green next saying: POTTER STINKS!, before flashing yellow last, which bared the worst message for Brooklyn. Saying: GO DIE IN A HOLE, CHEATER ENTERER FOR POTTER!

His cheeks had burned when they saw him, and flashed the badges in his direction, laughing mockingly, especially Malfoy and his cronies, who seemed to be the inventors of the badges.

Just ignore them. You're used to this, you're used to this, Brooklyn repeated to himself almost every day, with those words becoming another mantra.

Next on the list was that Ron wasn't on their side anymore, ignoring them and not speaking to them at all. If this kept going, Brooklyn was going to officially declare this the worst year at Hogwarts in his eyes!

One Friday, they announced a photo shoot for the Champions, held by Daily Prophet reporter, Rita Skeeter. Brooklyn had never heard of this woman, but from what Percy spoke about her, she was supposedly bad news, and incredibly nosy for her own good, telling lies about people.

She had singled Harry out, even calling Brooklyn himself with her for a 'double interview' for the Boy Who Lived and the Guardian of Hogwarts. She smiled at them, flashing her white teeth that reminded Brooklyn of Lockhart.

"So, Harry, how does it feel to enter such a dangerous tournament? And Brooklyn, what has gone through your mind to allow the one you're protecting to enter? Is it possible that your kind didn't get so much publicity? It's just so terrible that nobody notices you or acknowledge your heroic deeds, isn't it?" she asked in a sickeningly sweet tone.

"For the freaking last time, Harry didn't enter, and I didn't help him enter, either!" Brooklyn snarled. But that didn't seem to faze her, as her Quick Quotes Quill continued writing and she continued asking embarrassing questions, until Dumbledore rescued them finally, and the brothers were more than happy to escape this demented reporter.

But they couldn't escape her article that made the front page of the Daily Prophet, declaring Harry Potter (getting his age wrong, calling him a 12-year-old), and Brooklyn attention seekers, showing big photos of them, even saying that Harry was the only Champion chosen. Had the Skeeter woman forgot there were three other champions? And having lies spread about him on the front page of the Daily Prophet was definitely something that he didn't want to happen to him in this world!

Now Brooklyn found himself in the solitude of the Owlery with Harry one mid-winter afternoon, having a headache after the tenth piece of hate mail that came, and was grateful for the comforting presence of his owl, Wyvern, who nipped his finger in affection and concern.

"Why do I always get dragged into these things, Wyvern?" Brooklyn asked in a blank tone, staring out at the Black Lake. Harry was on the other side of the Owlery, awaiting Hedwig's return with Sirius's reply.

A black owl arrived instead of Hedwig, carrying an envelope. Brooklyn stood and joined Harry as they read Sirius's letter together:

Harry, Brooklyn: