The Dementor

The next morning found Harry and Brooklyn wrestling with one of Harry's school books; the Monster Book of Monsters after Harry wanted to open it.

"Why is this thing even in your- ouch! -school list?!" Brooklyn yelped, as the book bit his hand for the second time in a row after trying to catch it.

"No clue! Maybe Dumbledore will have some answers," Harry answered, just as the book scuttled under the bed and remained there, growling.

The brothers climbed up onto the bed, and Harry dropped one of his sneakers. The book ran out, attacking it, and that's when Brooklyn pounced, landing on the book, and closing it, even rescuing Harry's sneaker.

They walked out together later that morning to meet with the Weasleys who had arrived, and Brooklyn was startled to see a large ginger cat chasing a familiar skinny rat along the hallway.

Harry and Brooklyn approached the stair railing to find Ron and Hermione arguing, with Hermione holding the fat ginger cat who had the most squashed looking face Brooklyn had ever seen.

"I'm telling you, Hermione! You keep that bloody beast away from Scabbers, or I'll turn it into a tea cozy!"

"It's a cat, Ronald! What did you expect? It's in its nature! That's all right, Crookshanks. Just ignore the mean little boy."

Brooklyn grinned, and Harry looked most happy to see them.

"Hey, guys!" Brooklyn called. Ron looked up, and his face was quite relieved and happy to see them.

They all sat together for breakfast with the Weasleys, and Mrs. Weasley fussed over Harry, while Brooklyn watched with amusement. But then he saw that Hermione's cat was staring at him with its creepy looking eyes.

"Uh, Hermione? Your cat is staring at me," Brooklyn said in an awkward tone. But she only smiled.

"Crookshanks is just interested in you, Brook! I got him yesterday when we arrived. Isn't he gorgeous?"

Gorgeous, that's quite debatable, Brooklyn thought privately to himself, still weirded out by the cat staring at him.

But then he spotted Mr. Weasley talking to Harry privately to the side, and he figured they were talking about that Black person again.

Harry then sat down next to him, looking kind of worried. "Are you okay?" Brooklyn asked. "What was Mr. Weasley talking to you about?"

"Nothing much, mostly he told me not to go looking for Sirius Black," he muttered. Brooklyn raised his brow. "But why would he say that? And why would you even look for somebody who wanted to kill you in the first place?"

Harry shrugged. "I have no idea. But at least he wasn't sugarcoating this like the Minister was."

"If Black is going after you, Harry, I think I can take him on!" Brooklyn proclaimed, folding his arms confidently. But then Harry smirked at him.

"Like when Tom Riddle one upped you last year?"

Brooklyn frowned. "Shut up! He possessed me, and that doesn't count! Nobody's gonna possess me this year, I'm betting on it!"

....

It was finally September 1st as Brooklyn found himself once again on the Hogwarts Express, happy to be going back again. There was a moment where Ron forgot Scabbers, but Mrs. Weasley managed to get him to Ron before the train left.

The foursome found a nearly empty compartment, which only occupied one lone man who was sound asleep.

They managed to find spots to sit in: Brooklyn sitting with Harry and the strange man while Ron and Hermione sat across from them.