Finding Clues and a Rogue Bludger

A new day dawned as Brooklyn woke with a refreshed mind, heck not even thinking about what had happened yesterday.

It started out nice enough, being able to get outside in the pleasant weather for a little walk and enjoy the mid afternoon sun after his patrol, the singing of the birds soothing his thoughts.

Brooklyn ventured back inside to explore some more, until he came down the bathroom corridor, gasping silently as the horrible realities of last night struck his memories hard.

Those terrible words The Chamber of the Secrets Had Been Opened, Enemies of the Heir Beware were still there on the wall, glistening blood red. Brooklyn then eventually also remembered paint on his hands and passing out when leaving the Deathday party.

Could that be my handwriting? The gargoyle thought fearfully, taking a few nervous steps backward, deciding to make his leave, not wishing to see those words anymore. Why would he even write that in the first place? Where would he even find paint to write it, anyway?

Back in the common room, Brooklyn was sitting in one of the red chairs near the fire, looking downward, still thinking about the writing on the wall. Ron noted how weird he was behaving.

"Okay, Brook, you're seriously being so out of it right now, what's going on? You seemed fine this morning, anything you need to tell us?"

Brooklyn couldn't say, as he turned his head away. "Where's Mrs. Norris?" He then asked, remembering not seeing that skinny gray cat recently.

Ron's face looked incredulous. "Really? Don't you remember me telling you she had been bloody petrified?" He said with a raised voice.

Brooklyn shook his head, wondering too why he doesn't remember, while Harry made an attempt to cheer up his gargoyle brother.

"It will be alright, Professor's Sprout's Mandrakes have a special healing property for reviving Petrified victims, and they'll bring Mrs. Norris back," Harry assured. "Plus we got a Quidditch game coming up, you wouldn't want to miss that!"

Brooklyn grinned half heartedly, but his spirits lifted a little at the idea of Quidditch. "Sure, that might be fun," he said.

...

While Harry and the others were in History of Magic, Brooklyn took this opportunity to ask Tom what he knew about the Chamber of Secrets. What he got was quite an interesting story of the four legendary founders of Hogwarts. And how one of them, Slytherin to be precise, had gone rogue after wishing for the attendants of Hogwarts should only be pureblood, and built a hidden chamber that held a monster that attacked Muggleborn students.

Brooklyn himself was astonished that Slytherin had betrayed his own friends, but to him it reminded Brooklyn of how Demona betrayed them. The next info he had received was that only the Heir of Slytherin could open the Chamber of Secrets and once again set this monster on the prowl.

Brooklyn was close to asking Tom about this monster in the chamber and it's abilities to hurt others when the bell rang. Groaning a little at the interruption, he wrote his goodbye.

Gotta meet up with my friends. But I'll see you later!

Okay, I look forward to it!

Stowing his diary away safely, Brooklyn got up and made his way out to meet them at the girl's bathroom to try and figure things out behind the attack. He hoped that whoever this Heir of Slytherin was, they can stop him for good!

The foursome ventured into the corridor, Brooklyn shivering softly again at the sight of the terrible writing on the wall while his friends went ahead on in.