The Grey Lady

Harry, Brooklyn, and the others ran with the crowd of students to try and figure out where the next Horcrux was until Ron and Hermione stopped them before going any further.

"What's up?" Brooklyn asked in confusion. They both looked excited. "Hermione and I have been thinking." Ron said.

But Hermione shook her head. "No, it was Ron's idea, completely brilliant," she stated, and Brooklyn thought he could see Ron go red.

"It doesn't matter if we find a Horcrux."

"If only we can destroy it," Hermione finished.

Brook raised his brow. "So... what did you have in mind?"

"Well, Harry destroyed Tom Riddle's diary with a Basilisk Fang, right?" Ron said to him. The red gargoyle just shrugged.

"Didn't really see that, I was unconscious, but I did see Voldemort explode in sparks in my head, so that must've been from it, from what Harry told me," he stated, as Harry nodded.

"Yeah, well, Hermione and I might know where to find one," Ron continued.

Harry nodded again, as he gave them the Marauders Map, then he and Brooklyn proceeded to the Ravenclaw Common room to find out where the Diadem is.

Luna ran after the duo as they raced up the stairs, while McGonagall, Goliath, and the rest of the crew got ready to set up more defenses around the castle, including giant statues that McGonagall brings to life.

....

"Harry! Brooklyn! Wait!" Luna yelled, still running after the brothers.

"Look, we can talk later, 'kay?" Brook said in a rushed voice, wanting to get there as fast as they could, but Luna kept being persistent that they listened to her; so they stopped in their tracks.

"You remember Cho telling you about Rowena Ravenclaw's lost Diadem? 'There's not a person alive who's seen it?'" Luna questioned. Brooklyn nodded. "Uh, yeah? What did you have in mind?"

Luna smiled knowingly. "It's obvious, isn't it? We have to talk to somebody who is dead! Like the Grey Lady!"

That's when Brooklyn flushed in embarrassment, recalling that time ago when he accidentally walked through her. Harry noticed.

"I'm sure she probably had forgotten your incident with you by now, Bro," he said, trying to reassure him. He felt himself untensing after that.

"Yeah... yeah... hope you're right. Maybe she did forget. Okay, let's try to find her," he mumbled awkwardly, as the brothers followed Luna who was friends with the Grey Lady.

....

After a while they located her in an empty corridor while the magical shields were being conjured up. Brook felt nervous, looking around.

"Er, aren't you coming, Luna?" The gargoyle questioned, not wishing for him and Harry to be alone with this female ghost who gets offended easily. Luna shook her head.

"I think it is best for you three to talk alone, she's very shy. Doesn't mind me so much, but hides from other students. She may respect Harry, though."

"Okay... see you later then," Brooklyn said, his nerves rising as he and Harry approached the Grey Lady; she was floating near the balcony edge, face solemn.

Harry approached her while Brooklyn stood back. "Y- you're the Grey Lady? The ghost of Ravenclaw?" He asked. She frowned coolly at Harry. "I do not answer to that name." She said spitefully, floating away. Brooklyn gathered up his courage and spoke.

"No, uh, wait, your real name's Helena, right? Daughter of Rowena Ravenclaw? That's what Luna told us." She spotted him.

"Oh, it's you. The impertinent gargoyle who walked through me," Helena huffed, glaring. Brooklyn eyed Harry, frowning.