MacBeth and Together Again

The red gargoyle was numb all over at the sight of his former rival, as Macbeth sat down in a chair in front of him, smirking.

"Yes, lad, it is I, and probably not very welcoming for yeh, even after saving your life."

Brooklyn folded his arms. "Probably could've handled them myself," he snapped bitterly, looking away, not wanting Macbeth to see him blush.

Macbeth just chuckled at the young gargoyle's foolish bravery. "I'm sure you could've. But tell me, what had happened to you to meet a boy like Harry Potter to be chased by Snatchers?" He asked.

Brooklyn wasn't sure to tell him his story, since he had fought against Macbeth and Demona before. Macbeth noted his mistrust.

"I know you have many reasons not to trust me, but I won't use your story against you. I swear," he said, putting a hand over his chest then raising his other one.

Brooklyn decided to take it, for now like Peter, and began to tell Macbeth everything; from Puck's spell to Malfoy Manor, even adding in that Snape had killed Dumbledore, which quite shocked Macbeth, but the warrior really liked the bonding story between Brooklyn and the child.

When Brooklyn finished, Macbeth remained silent for a bit, having no words, rubbing his temples, finding hard to fathom how much Brooklyn had to go through to help his bond brother defeat this Dark Wizard he had been hearing about.

"I think there could possibly be a way you could achieve back your Stone Sleep, lad, there was a item I had found one time in my travels that could help."

Brooklyn's eyes widened in excitement at the idea of being able to have his Stone Sleep again. "What is it?" He asked. Macbeth got up and dug through a closet, until he found a pendant, almost like those Una had.

The red gargoyle stared, wide eyed at it. "This is an ancient amulet I received from an old woman I met once, it can allow one gargoyle to turn to stone whenever he/she desires, not just during the day. They simply have to hold onto it, and think about turning to Stone.

Been holding onto this for who knows how long, not sure why I kept it, but just had to. And now that I found a gargoyle who can actually use it..." he held it out to Brooklyn, who took it.

"Macbeth, this is..." Brooklyn gaped, still not having any words.

"There's no thanks needed, lad. Your Stone Sleep could probably now fix yer sprained ankle and that scar on your shoulder," he said.

Brooklyn though, had another idea of how to thank him. "Macbeth, since I've been trying to find my brother, Harry, it's been rather tiresome traveling alone. And you did save me. So... so I would like the company, if you want to," he mumbled, looking down after putting the amulet on.

The old warrior looked a little hesitant about being a part of this. "This is a rather big favor to be asking of me. And since your friend Demona is involved and our connection is still active I really don't know. I just wanted a quiet remainder of days away from it all," he said.

Brooklyn nodded in understanding. "It's okay, I won't force you to come, I'll just stay here for the night and continue on tomorrow," he said in a small melancholy tone, getting up, wincing a little from his ankle.

"Sure, lad, you can stay for the night." Macbeth said, seeing the loneliness in Brooklyn's eyes and now feeling a little guilty for turning him down.

Brooklyn managed to find a spot where he can turn to Stone, and remembering what Macbeth said about the amulet, closed one hand around it, concentrating, and adding turning back to flesh in the morning, which is the time he needed to leave.