Godric's Hollow

It hadn't been the same without Ron since he left, Brooklyn at one point woke expecting to see Ron there with Hermione, but soul crushing reality hit his heart. Ron wouldn't want to return after he almost struck him.

Harry, Brooklyn, and Hermione packed up to leave, Apparating to a cliff side this time. He groaned silently, remembering what Ron said to him earlier, for it was true, he secretly listened to the radio about missing people during his night watches, praying Elisa or Angela's or his Rookery brother's names wouldn't show.

He made it a mission not to discuss Ron to Hermione, who always broke down whenever his name is mentioned. But if there was one other person Brooklyn missed as much as Ron, it was Katie Bell.

Harry caught him staring at her name on the Marauders Map one day, sometimes alongside Lexington or Broadway's names in the hallways of the schools, and sat down to talk to him.

"Hey, soon we will see them again," he said. Brooklyn nodded, but didn't speak, small tears falling down his face as he traced his hand along the map.

The weather got colder in the passing months, and already there was signs of Christmas in the air, one that Brooklyn had hoped to enjoy with his Clan again, but no thanks to Voldemort's Horcruxes, that dream was dashed, as he sat in their tent, looking down at the Marauder's Map once more.

Hermione had been reading her Tales of Beedle the Bard book from Dumbledore, when she saw something that she called the two boys over. Feeling curious, the gargoyle glanced over to where she pointed, a familiar symbol that Luna's father had worn at the wedding. The symbol of one Dark Wizard that Brooklyn had heard of from Hermione once: Gellert Grindelwald, the wizard Dumbledore dueled in his youth. But why was it in there?

"Who's idea was it to put this symbol in a kid's book?" Brooklyn asked, scratching his head. Even Hermione had no clue. But then Harry brought up the one thing he and Brooklyn had been wanting to do together.

"Hermione, Brooklyn, I think we need to go to Godric's Hollow. Because it is where I was born, where Dumbledore lived, Gryffindor's birthplace, and where my parents died."

Hermione nodded. "Yes, we-we should go there," she said.

Brooklyn put an arm around his brother. "I wouldn't pass this one up, Harry, I really did want to see the place where you grew up," he stated, grinning just a little.

"And...I'm just throwing out possibilities, but maybe the sword is there. Surely it wouldn't hurt to check?" Harry asked. Hermione and Brooklyn both looked at one another before nodding.

"Then why are we still talking about it? Let's get going!" Brooklyn said, standing up. Harry smiled at Brooklyn's still active enthusiasm.

The trio Apparated right there in a snowy alleyway in the village. Brooklyn felt a rush of emotion when he suddenly heard the Muggles in the church nearby singing Christmas Carols.

Harry, Brooklyn, and Hermione approached the graveyard near the church, until Hermione pointed something out.

"Guys, it's Christmas Eve, I'm sure of it," she whispered. Brooklyn's heart overflowed with so much sadness, and joy from this news, wondering if Goliath and the others had decided to celebrate this occasion without him there, even after all that waiting for him to come home... He gave a small sniffle at the idea, but pushed it back. No, he still mustn't think that way.

They explored the gravestones, first finding Dumbledore's family's graves of his parents and Ariana. Brooklyn gazed down at Ariana's headstone, hearing echoes of Muriel's claims about the bad things of the family ringing in his brain once more, feeling his breathing coming in small shaky breaths. No way he didn't want to remember the kind Headmaster who wanted to help him like that.