Christmas, Love Potion, and Poison

Brooklyn was quite glad when the holiday vacation started. For he, Griff and Harry were going to spend Christmas at the Burrow (Brooklyn somewhat apologized to Ron for what he had been up to with his pranks), and even Sirius was invited.

On the train, the trio discussed what the brothers had seen with the conversation between Malfoy and Snape.

"This definitely proves it now that Malfoy is a Death Eater," Harry said in a triumphant voice.

"Possibly, but, what is an Unbreakable Vow? And why would Snape even do something that crazy?" Brooklyn asked.

Ron looked over at Brooklyn with a serious expression. "Well, you can't break it, which is why it is called that. But you only do it under extreme circumstances, for you die if you break the Unbreakable Vow."

Brooklyn felt his face go pale at this. He now knew that he would never do something like that. Ever.

"Narcissa probably had to do a lot of begging and kissing up to Snape to have him make it, but perhaps he's just playing along, to spy for Dumbledore," he muttered, with Harry nodding in agreement. Brooklyn still wondered if Malfoy had been the one who cursed Katie, but he wasn't going to jump to conclusions and get revenge until the right moment comes along wrapped in a bow.

But Ron folded his arms. "I still say that Snape making an Unbreakable Vow proves that Malfoy's a Death Eater!" He snapped, making the brothers roll their eyes.

"But we can't be for sure, unless some kind of hint shows, mate," Griff protested. Sure, Malfoy was a brat, but he didn't want to jump on him either like Brooklyn yet.

At last they arrived at the Burrow, greeted by many armed hugs from their families and friends, Harry hugging Sirius tightly. As Brooklyn hugged both Leo and Una, he had asked if his Clan had responded to Una's message, but the Lion gargoyle had shook his head, making Brooklyn feel disappointed, but still was looking forward to seeing them again hopefully soon!

It was quite a merry gathering, even without Percy there, Sirius and King Arthur both sang Christmas Carols together again, helping Fleur with decorations, while Una helped out Mrs. Weasley with cooking.

Dinner (that tasted wonderful with Una's Magic), caroling, and eve presents came, with everybody including Brooklyn having a good time, even with Katie still healing at St. Mungos he found himself having a delightful Christmas Eve with his new family and brother.

They had a laugh over a present Ron got from Lavender: a gold heart locket that said My Sweetheart that made Brooklyn want to throw up, leading the Twins to mock Ron into putting it on.

Brooklyn had eventually stepped up to Ron privately and asked him about Lavender before going to bed.

"Tell me truthfully, Ronald." Ron gulped at the serious look in his eyes. "Do you really love Lavender? Have you actually talked with her? Or is it just mindless kissing for the pair of you?"

He flinched, before giving a moan of defeat.

"To be honest, Brook, she's a complete nightmare, all Lav wants to do is snog me, especially in front of crowds," he said in a miserable tone. Brooklyn huffed, rolling his eyes, not at least feeling sorry.

"Then it was your own fault that you're with your 'sweetheart'. You need to tell her directly that you don't want to see her anymore!"

But Ron shook his head. "She's too over dramatic to accept a sudden split up, I'm sure that a solution would come along, guess I need to bear with it till then." Brooklyn decided then to just go along with what he said. It could teach Ron a thing or two about assertion.