Professor Umbridge and Luna Lovegood

Brooklyn had a feeling as soon as the hustle and bustle of classes began that he and Griff would be performing double patrol duties. Dumbledore told him about Griff's new assignment of doing most of the Patrolling while he kept watch over Harry.

So far, the first week of classes went okay. But from what Brooklyn heard from Fred and George about the Defense Classes, Umbridge wasn't teaching anything at all.

"That toadface has us all trapped in her pink cardigan!" Fred had growled. "If this keeps up with not learning new spells, I'd ditch Defense Against the Dark Arts!"

Hermione's eyes widened. "But it's important for your OWLs!" She exclaimed. George shook his head.

"Trust us, once you have her this afternoon, you'll be going down our road," he told them. Now Brooklyn knew he had to keep an eye on Defense classes more than ever, because of what was going on.

He found a spot where he could easily watch without any detection, unlike the last time with imposter Moody. Brooklyn guessed he should be thankful that Umbridge didn't have a magical eye.

Umbridge so far didn't use her wand to demonstrate spells, other than use the blackboard and float books out to each student, claiming their previous subjects to be uneven, and now had to follow a ministry approved course. That was just too ridiculous for the gargoyle to comprehend, even Hermione had complained about the lack of defensive spells in the books.

"I can't imagine why you would need spells to use in my classroom!" Umbridge chucked in that girlish tone Brooklyn was slowly growing to hate, as he kept watching.

"We're not going to use magic?" Ron asked in shock. Umbridge gave him a simpering smile. "You'll be learning about defensive spells in a secure risk free way."

Brooklyn hissed silently, having the urge now to jump in and give the toad what she deserved. Risk free way, huh? That sounded ridiculous!

Harry looked pretty pissed. "What use is that? If we're going to be attacked, it won't be risk free!"

Umbridge ignored him. "Students will raise their hands when they speak in my class! It is the view of the Ministry that a theoretical knowledge would be sufficient to get through your examinations which after all is what school is all about!"

But Harry's temper was slowly now getting the better of him, and the red gargoyle readied himself just in case.

"And how is theory supposed to prepare us for what's out there?"

"There is nothing out there, dear! Who'd you imagine would attack children like yourself?" Umbridge questioned in a honey coated voice.

"Dunno, maybe Lord Voldemort?" Harry then responded hotly. Brooklyn then took his que, stepping in, much to the class's surprise. One or two of them looked at Brooklyn in fear, too. He ignored them.

Umbridge gazed up at Brooklyn, giving her most simpering smile yet that made him want to throw up.

"And what is the meaning of you barging in, halfbreed?" She asked in a rather taunting voice. Brooklyn growled, standing near Harry.

"I'm here to defend him and his friends from your brainwashing ideas. If it were up to me, I'd take over teaching everybody how to defend against Voldemort, Demona, and the Death Eaters," he growled in response. Her eyes were narrowed, but she kept smiling.

"A noble but treacherous thought, halfbreed, but you have no authority here in my classroom. It is said you have been told that a certain Dark Wizard is at large once again, and working alongside another halfbreed. But this is a lie!"