The Man With Two Faces

As they entered the door, Brooklyn was completely stunned and in disbelief at who the person was behind it all. It wasn't Snape, nor was it Voldemort, but Quirrell!

Brooklyn growled in fury, glaring at the man, who had turned to see them, smirking. He definitely wasn't that terrified man he first met, his eyes cold and ruthless as he stood in front of the Mirror of Erised. The gargoyle wondered how it got there.

"You!" Gasped Harry in disbelief. His gargoyle brother stood protectively near him, eyes glowing.

"You're the thief!?" He snarled.

"Yes, I am. Don't look so surprised and betrayed, Potter and gargoyle!"

"But we thought that Snape-."

Quirrell's smirk grew wider. "Hah! Don't count on Snape to pull something like this off! But he does seem the type, doesn't it? Next to him, who would suspect p-poor st-stuttering innocent Professor Quirrell?"

Brooklyn still couldn't believe it was Quirrell, he really couldn't. But suddenly he was hit with memories. The smell in Quirrell's turban, the way he looked at him in the pub. Now Brooklyn realized that he wasn't scared at all, the look in his eyes, he was evil to the core!

He had another question, though. "That day, at the Quidditch match, we thought Snape tried to kill Harry! I saved him!"

Quirrell gave a cold ruthless laugh.

"No, you foolish gargoyle. I tried to kill him! If you haven't lit Snape's cloak and broke my eye contact, I would have succeeded! Even with Snape muttering his ridiculous countercurse!"

Harry was shocked. "Snape was trying to save me?"

"And then, I knew he was onto me, especially after Halloween."

"This was all you, letting in that monster troll, almost killing my friends, for one lousy stone? You're insane!" Brooklyn snapped, his whole body itching to attack this lunatic human.

But Quirrell smiled coldly. "Oh, but you should know, creature of the devil, that I am never alone. Ever."

Brooklyn's blood boiled at the insult. For in the past, there were those kinds of humans that had seen him as the Devil's Spawn, or a demon right from hellfire, because of his appearance so much like one.

Quirrell had turned his attention back to the mirror, but then something else happened.

"One more thing!" Brooklyn's eyes widened as Quirrell suddenly shouted a curse, a huge net coming towards them. The gargoyle pushed Harry out of the way, and the net came down on top of Brooklyn, pinning him to the ground.

Brooklyn hissed, eyes flashing as he tried to pull the net off, but as soon as he touched it, waves of electricity surged up his body, making him cry out in pain.

"Don't even try, pathetic beast!" Taunted Quirrell. "That has magical properties that not even your kind can break free from! I can't have you interfering while I use Potter to get the Stone for my master!"

Harry looked over at Brooklyn in fear, who felt helpless under this horrible net. But all that they could do was distract Quirrell from getting the Stone for himself.

"Now, what does this mirror do? I see myself holding the Stone, but how do I get it?"

Then Brooklyn heard a terrible voice coming from nowhere speak.

"Use the boy!" It hissed, sounding more evil than Demona, sending shivers up Brooklyn's spine as he continued to watch from his prison, feeling so useless.

Quirrell then turned to Harry. "Come here, Potter! Now!" He roared, Harry shaking as he walked toward him, fear for his brother rising up in Brooklyn.