The Graveyard part 1

Brooklyn's feet slammed to the ground, feeling his injured leg giving way as the trio all collapsed on top of one another, the Tri-Wizard cup falling out of their hands a few feet away.

"You okay?" Harry asked his brother, who shook slightly from the unwanted painful pressure on his sore leg. He nodded and leaned against a nearby rock.

"But where are we?" Brooklyn asked, looking about, his face falling at the sight of the many tombstones surrounding them, a small church nearby, and at the old mansion in the distance.

We're definitely not on Hogwarts grounds anymore! He thought in fear, imagining Katie back at Hogwarts, wondering why he hadn't returned yet. The cup hadn't returned them to safety like he had hoped!

Cedric was now staring at the cup in shock.

"Did anybody tell you two the cup was a Portkey?" he asked in disbelief. The brothers shook their heads. They couldn't have known, or they would have told him before they grabbed it.

"Is this supposed to be part of the Task?" Harry suddenly threw out, but Brooklyn couldn't see it like that. It felt too sinister, too evil here, and it made him uneasy, as he glanced around for any hostilities.

"Wands out, d'you reckon?" Cedric suggested. Brooklyn was more than glad to do so, happy that Cedric made the suggestion first. Plus he felt like they were being watched.

Somebody indeed was watching them. A stranger in robes was coming out of the darkness through the graves. Brooklyn's nerves rose as he growled lowly, doing his best defensive position. He wasn't sure if he could still fight on this leg, but the gargoyle was still willing to go all out to protect his brother and his friend, no matter what condition he was in.

The stranger who appeared quite short was carrying a bundle of robes in his arms, that had something inside that moved like a baby. But was it?

The trio glanced at one another quizzically, wondering who this guy was, as he moved towards a towering marble headstone, and stopped, staring at them.

Harry suddenly screamed in pain, his scar on fire, as he crouched with his hands over his eyes. Brooklyn's eyes widened in horror seeing his brother in pain, and Cedric glared at the stranger, pointing his wand.

"Who are you? What do you want?" He bellowed in a brave voice. And what happened next made Brooklyn curse himself for having a useless leg.

"Kill and secure the spares!" Commanded a high cold voice, followed by a swishing sound and a screeching voice in the night.

"Avada Kedavra!"

It all happened so fast, Brooklyn shielded his eyes with his arm, not wanting to watch as the blinding flash of green light hit Cedric, sending him flying and sending him flying and fall to the ground, where he moved no more.

He lowered his arm, scared of what he was going to see, and what he did see, left him in cold shock, freezing him there.

Cedric Diggory was dead.

For a brief moment, Brooklyn was staring in numb disbelief and grief at the sight of Cedric's dead body. He couldn't think, he couldn't believe. It just was too terrible to be true. But it was. The corpse lay there, eyes blank and staring. His mouth was open in surprise.

Next, the man raised his wand once more, and Brooklyn gave a gasp as his body froze up, and he was raised into the air and slammed against a tombstone near the large marble one, thick chains wrapped around his body, holding him securely there all up to his neck.

He winced in pain as the chains dug into his skin and sore leg, and it rubbed against his throat, almost choking him. The man nodded at his work, and whatever was in the bundle of robes gave a high cold laugh at his position.