Return to Hogwarts and Foreign Guests

September 1st rolled in once more, as the Hogwarts Express rolled by the neat fields that turned into woods.

Brooklyn, Harry, Ron, and Hermione all got a compartment together. Hermione held a newspaper in her hands for the Daily Prophet that read Terror at the Quidditch World Cup. Brooklyn frowned a little at the skull and snake Dark Mark on the paper. Did the reporters really have to put that disgusting image on the front page?

The trolley rolled by, pushed by the old witch with the usual train snacks. Brooklyn decided he needed to eat more, so he got a small pile of Pumpkin Pastries as well as chocolate frogs and Cauldron Cakes, because he knew that the Sorting took about an hour, and that's the time when stomachs rumble.

While he ate, his friends discussed what had happened.

"But how could the Ministry not know who had conjured it?" Hermione asked. "Wasn't their any security?"

"Loads," Ron replied, chewing on Drooble's Best Blowing Gum. "That's what worried dad the most, it happened right under their noses!"

Brooklyn narrowed his eyes while eating a Cauldron Cake. "The whole security at the Ministry stinks, in my opinion," he huffed. "Heck, they even accused me of setting off that Dark Mark. Plus I was forced to fight three of those Death Eaters who eventually took me out with some sort of sedative spell. And did I see any security coming to help? No!"

Harry was at the moment rubbing his scar, until it got to the point of him suddenly transforming into his gargoyle form. Luckily Ron had closed the compartment when this happened, to prevent anybody from seeing it.

Hermione looked concerned for Harry, who felt somewhat relieved after being back in his gargoyle form, which stopped his scar from hurting. "It was hurting again, wasn't it? Your scar?" Hermione asked. Harry raised his brow, wings flapping. "I'm fine now, thanks to my Animagus ability. It seems to lessen the pain."

But Brooklyn didn't think this would help. "Harry, you shouldn't use it all the time whenever your scar hurts, it might drain your strength, since you're still learning."

Harry glared. "Well, does Dumbledore know? Did you tell him last year?" He demanded, making Brooklyn wince, rubbing his neck awkwardly.

"Er...uh, I guess I forgot," he responded in a nervous voice, having to admit that Harry's glares were a lot fiercer when he was a gargoyle. "I will plan it out, and have you show him whenever I get the chance this year."

Ron rolled his eyes. "Oh, this is nice, not telling the Headmaster right away! To make things even nicer, he's a bloody unregistered Animagus, and I bet my owl that the Ministry hasn't seen a gargoyle Animagus before! It will be chaos if Harry accidentally reveals himself to the whole school, reporters will flood in! Harry's gargoyle face will be on front pages! Here's the headline: The boy who lived turns into a gargoyle and doesn't tell the Ministry about his well kept secret—ow!"

Harry took the liberty of slapping Ron's arm with his tail, eyes now glowing, hissing, making his friend cower away, gripping Hermione's arm.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry, I just panicked. Now, could you please return to your normal form? You're scaring Hermione here."

"He is not! Now let go of my arm!"

Harry then settled, turning back to normal, and Ron relaxed, though he still didn't like the glares from the brothers.

But Ron got brave and asked something else. "What about you, Brook? Has Dumbledore figured out that spell that Puck person had put on you yet? When will you be able to go back to your clan?"

Brooklyn looked down, feeling a little homesick again. "I honestly don't know what goes on with Dumbledore when he says he'll help me. As long as I am able to protect Harry, he'll exchange it to help me get home. But... it's been three years already. And I feel like Dumbledore isn't as powerful or sound minded as everybody thinks."