A Place to Hide and the Bribe

Brooklyn gasped as they were nearly hit by a moving bus when they reappeared onto a street, the four of them backing away onto the safety of the sidewalk.

"What is this place?" Brooklyn asked, staring around the unfamiliar town.

"Shaftesbury Avenue, I used to go to the theater here with Mum and Dad, don't know why I thought of it, it just popped into my head, but we need to get out of these clothes, they're too target centered."

For they still wore their wedding attire. Thankfully for Brooklyn all he needed was his loincloth but Hermione was thoughtful enough to pack extra shirts and pants for Harry and Ron in her undetectable extension charm purse, that seriously reminded Brooklyn of how Mary Poppins did her bag. Perhaps she really was a witch!

After a few minutes of dressing up, the foursome slid silently into a cafe, ordering a coffee and a meal, while discussing where to hide.

"But my Clan and everybody at the wedding, I didn't feel right leaving them!" Brooklyn said in an upset voice, feeling lost and vulnerable in this strange town. Harry nodded.

"Yeah, shouldn't we go back?" Harry asked, but Hermione shook her head. "No, we'd be putting everybody in danger. I knew this was going to happen eventually, which is why I had us packed." Ron smiled. "You're a genius, Hermione," he praised.

But then Brooklyn eyed two people coming in, and narrowed his eyes when he saw one of them reaching into his pocket, instantly knowing who they were, he quickly pushed them all down.

"Duck!" He yelled, as a spell zoomed over their heads, missing the Death Eater's spell. They retaliated, shooting spells back at the two Death Eaters.

"Expulso!" Roared Brooklyn, the spell smashing the front counter, causing the first Death Eater to yelp, falling to the ground in a daze, and Hermione took care of the second with Pertrificus.

The friends panted from their near death experience, going over to see who they were.

"This one's name is Rowel," Harry said about the short one. "He was on the Astronomy Tower the night Snape killed Dumbledore."

Ron glared down at the second. "This is Dolohov, I recognize him from the wanted posters. So what should we do with them?"

Brooklyn had an idea. "I'd say we wipe their memories, that way they won't give us away."

Ron nodded, as did Harry. Hermione approached, pointing her wand. "Obliviate," she murmured, and Brooklyn watched their faces draining of emotion, as their memories were wiped.

"How did they find us?" Harry asked. Brooklyn shrugged. "I don't know, but we can't stick around here, we got to find a place to lay low. And I think I know where. Sirius."

Harry grinned at that, for Sirius hadn't been at the wedding, but volunteered to stay at his home to ensure it's security, so nobody, not even Snape could get in.

They eventually arrived, Sirius greeting them as they came in after getting past one of the security.

"Harry, Brooklyn, I hope you guys are doing okay," Sirius said, sitting them all down.

"Merely recovering from being attacked by two Death Eaters, but still kicking," Brooklyn replied. "But everybody at the wedding, are they—?" He suddenly remembered, and Sirius nodded his head.

"They're all fine, Ron's parents, your Clan, etc. both are in hiding, and Lexington, Broadway, and Bronx had returned to Hogwarts to provide security, it's just good timing for Kingsley to send that Patronus warning," he informed, causing Brooklyn to sigh in relief, along with Ron.