Half Blood Prince and the House of Gaunt

Brooklyn did his best to enjoy the rest of the summer despite seeing Demona with Draco Malfoy and Narcissa. He still had no idea what that boy was doing with her. But one of the good things about the rest of the summer was getting to hang out with Bill Weasley and watch his brother and friends play Quidditch in the back yard with apples instead of real balls, for Ron hoped to try out for Keeper on the team this year since Oliver was no longer at school.

The foursome also discussed the whole situation for Malfoy supposedly joining the Death Eaters.

"But Harry, not that I don't trust your theory or anything, but why would Voldemort want to hire an underage Wizard?" Hermione questioned.

Harry narrowed his eyes. "Spare me the lecture Hermione, I don't feel like discussing this anymore, if you don't mind."

Brooklyn nodded. "Yeah, all we need to know right now is that Draco's entangled with Voldemort and my biggest enemy, Demona." He growled. "But I do eventually want to know what they want him to do."

....

As September 1st finally rolled in, it was a lot of goodbye hugs, as Brooklyn and his friends climbed on board the train, Sirius, Mad-Eye, and some of the Order with the London Clan who wished Griff luck at Hogwarts with them.

Ron and Hermione had them gone off to do their Prefect duties, so Harry and Brooklyn shared a compartment with Neville, Luna and Katie, who sat with Brooklyn as usual.

Neville waved at them. "Hey, guys. Enjoyed your holiday?"

Brooklyn shrugged. "Good enough. I'm just glad to be going back to Hogwarts again. What about you, Luna?"

Luna smiled, wearing odd looking glasses called Spectrespects while reading the Quibbler upside down in her usual fashion. Not that he didn't mind much anymore. "We had a wonderful summer. Daddy's newspaper sold like lightning with your brother's interview about You-Know-Who last year. We had a vacation in Africa together and had a great time."

Brooklyn felt happy that Luna had the chance to have a good summer. "That sounds like fun!"

Katie nodded. "I've always wanted to go to Africa!"

Neville had another interesting question, he wanted to know if the D.A. Was still going on this year, but the brothers shook their heads.

"Sorry, Neville. But there is really no point now that Umbridge is gone," Brooklyn apologized. Neville looked kind of disappointed.

"That stinks. I do wish you could be the Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher, Brooklyn. It would be cool to have a gargoyle Professor!"

Brooklyn blushed embarrassedly. "Yeah, uh, thanks, but I'd rather stick to guarding the castle more than being stuck in a classroom, besides, Dumbledore's probably gotten somebody else anyway."

Griff couldn't help but smirk a little at the idea of Brooklyn as a Professor.

At that moment, the compartment door slid open, revealing a girl with large dark eyes and long black hair with her giggling fourth year friends. Brooklyn furrowed his brow, this was one Gryffindor girl he'd never spoken too.

"Hi, Harry! I'm Romilda Vane," she introduced in an all too confident tone that Brooklyn didn't like as much. "Why don't you come sit in our compartment? You don't need to sit with them," she added in a stage whisper, indicating to Brooklyn and the other four. Brooklyn winced slightly from the tone in her voice, for she probably had been pointing out his werewolf scars, and he glanced over to Neville, whose bottom was sticking out of his pants, and the way Luna's Spectrespects looked, she looked like a multicolored experimented on owl.