Slug Parties and Suspecting Draco

What disappointed Brooklyn the next day was that Katie had been moved to St. Mungos, leaving him in depression for most of it. Whispers about Katie's condition have also spread among the students. Griff comforted him as best he could.

"Mate, sorry about Katie being cursed," he apologized, the friends sitting together in the common room.

Brooklyn gave a soft growl. "I want to find out whoever cursed my friend. He/she won't get away with this!" He declared, while his eyes glowed. Griff winced from how he sounded. Brooklyn must've really had his heart out for this girl, considering the past few times he tried and lost chances for a mate.

Harry made a plan to cheer him up one day by asking him to accompany him to Slughorn's dinner party.

"So he invited you at the Three Broomsticks?" Brooklyn asked dully, Katie still flashing through his mind. Harry nodded.

"Just thought it be good for you to be at a party after... well..."

Brooklyn heaved a sigh. He guessed it couldn't hurt to join his brother as he agreed to go with him.

There weren't that many people at the party. They included two twin Slytherin girls and another boy in Malfoy's gang, Blaise Zabini. A Ravenclaw boy named Marcus Belby, and unfortunately Cormac, who still hated Harry for choosing Ron to be the Keeper, and been eyeing Hermione who was there like a prize he wanted.

Slughorn did an attempt to get along with the other students, but all that Brooklyn saw was a man trying to get special privileges from their parents in high places, finding himself still trapped in depressing thoughts of Katie lying in a bed at St. Mungos, while poking at his food, not feeling hungry.

The party wasn't quite as fun as Brooklyn thought it would be, even with a few somewhat funny conversations about Hermione's parents bring Dentists, and when Ginny had arrived, Harry was the only one who stood up for her, and it got Brooklyn thinking, perhaps Harry was starting to like Ginny more than Cho when they broke up last year because of Cedric, even if Ginny was still with Dean.

Eventually he ended up leaving for his bed, Katie Bell being in a lot of his nightmares the rest of the week where she hadn't lived from being cursed.

....

Saturday morning dawned the first Quidditch match. Brooklyn couldn't stand the thought of watching it without Katie being able to play, but Harry managed to convince him that this was Ron's first match, and then he reluctantly agreed to go.

Ron was looking pretty nervous about it and wouldn't touch his breakfast. Harry then offered him juice, and he lifted it to his lips.

Hermione noticed Harry's grin, and the gargoyle then knew, had Harry poured in his Lucky Potion? "Don't drink that, Ron!" She gasped. Ron narrowed his eyes at her, then drank it in one gulp.

A few seconds, and Ron suddenly had a big grin. Brooklyn couldn't help but smile just a bit, glad to see Ron happy again, even if it was the Lucky Potion's doing, as Ron then got up to prepare for the game. Already a few lucky things happened: Two of the Slytherin players were unable to show and the weather was perfect.

Brooklyn sat with Hermione and Griff (who had witnessed a few Quidditch games in the past year that Brooklyn couldn't mention), watching as Ron saved practically everything that came his way, sometimes letting out cheerful hollers to the crowd that kept on cheering for him, except for the Slytherins and Cormac. Harry eventually won the game for Gryffindor, catching the Snitch in a power dive move. It still wasn't the same without Katie, but Brooklyn tried his best to enjoy himself as he lifted Harry onto his shoulders, who raised the Snitch in his hands.