Parasitica

Kara finally recovered after two weeks and she was using her recovery to the best of her ability; dancing!

She was dancing her heart out in her apartment and loving every minute of it feeling the bass vibrating against her skin, swinging her hips to the beat; she was in a trance. Sadly, it would end for she felt exhausted and plopped down on the couch switching her music to a more calming sound. She got up and grabbed a energy drink from the fridge and walked outside, the cool breeze caressing her hot skin. She sighed in content and looked at the sky letting her mind wander."I wonder if I should keep fighting..." She thought a loud to no one but blinked in surprise and shook her head. "Of course you do! This is your passion! But..." She looked down and sighed remembering the looks on the turtle's faces after facing The Fighter and leaned against the balcony. "Donnie.." She spoke his name softly before standing up straight and went back inside to go see him. She grabbed her zip up jacket and ran out the door leaving her taser and pepper spray in her sweater that was laying over the couch.

She parked her scooter outside the lair and ran inside just as Master Splinter and April were leaving. "Oh, hello Master Splinter. April." She bowed to him and waved happily at April making her wave back. "Where are you guys headed?"

"Oh, Master Splinter is taking me out to do some more training." April said with a smile.

"Yes, I am going to teach Miss O'Neil how to trust her instincts when her senses are in doubt."

She grinned and patted her best friend on the shoulder. "Heh, good luck with that. You're going to need it. Are the guys here?"

"No, they left on patrol in the van about an hour ago. They should be back soon." April informed her and she nodded. "Ok, I'm just going to wait here for them then. Have fun." She gave April a hug and bowed to Master Splinter before hopping over the admission bars listening to their footsteps as they left. She walked into Donnie's room and grabbed a book to read and turned on the radio she had bought for them before propping herself on the couch to read.

She was into the second chapter when she heard the Shellraiser stopping in front of the entrance and smiled, folding the corner to save her spot and set it down before sitting up. "Hey...guys." She blinks in surprise seeing Leo carrying a large jelly bean in the lair.
"Hey Kara." Leo said with a smile that looked unnatural and creepy to her.
"Whatcha got there Leo?" She asked but before he could answer her walked into the garage.

She hopped over the couch and greeted the others. "Hey, is everything ok with Leo? What was that he was carrying?"

"It's a wasp egg. He brought it here for Donnie to analyze but I have a bad feeling about it." Raph said before following Leo and Mikey to the garage. She greets Donnie with a hug and he puts his arm around her shoulder explaining what had happened while following Raph.

Kara had been watching Leo closely noticing he wasn't acting himself and tilted her head to the side blinking in surprise seeing a large bulb of a wasp sting on his arm. "Leo! You've been hurt. Here, let me take a look at that." She reached over to examine his arm but he pulled his arm away, his eyes never leaving the egg. "I'm fine." She gave him a stern look but shrugged and walked over to Mikey and Raph, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Fascinating." Donnie said with a scalpel in his hand as he leaned towards the egg.

"Stop! What are you doing?!" Leo shouted.

"Dissecting it."

She noticed Leo's hand twitching and began to worry about him but shook it off after he had refused her assistance.

"Absolutely not! This is the only egg we have. We need to learn how it develops."

"Well then..I'll uh just keep staring at it.." Donnie said while looking over Leo's shoulder at it.