Race With A Demon

April, Casey, Donnie, and Kara went on a trip to the grocery store AWAY from Bernie's General Store. Kara refused to go back there after that incident even though she was pretty sure he was still hibernating but Casey agreed with her and decided to go somewhere else. It was a bit of a drive, about two hours away from the farmhouse but it was worth it to get some real, decent food.

While Casey and April shopped Kara took the hippy bus for a spin with Donnie not wanting to leave him alone in the vehicle. Finding an empty park Kara parked the van and opened the back doors so they could get some fresh air and spend some quality time together. When it was time for them to return Kara drove where April and Casey were at and hopped out to help them with the groceries. "Wow, you guys got a lot of stuff. Oh, hey, what do you know spicy gummy worms." Kara chuckled holding up a bag of gummy worms that were Wasabi flavored.

"Heh, I know. Mikey's gonna flip when he sees them." Casey grinned pushing the bags in the back near Donnie.

"I was surprised to find them. I didn't think they even existed yet..there they were." April laughed as Kara hopped in the back to join Donnie while Casey closed the door behind them.

By the time they were in April's hometown it was already dark.

"Hopefully the others hadn't destroyed the kitchen by now. We were gone practically the whole day." Kara commented while going through what they bought and blinked when she noticed the cold foods were starting to get warm. "Uh..you might want to pick up the pace, Jonesy.."

"I realized something.." Donnie started staring at Casey in the front. "You always get to drive. I wonder why." He questioned suspiciously squinting his eyes at him.

"Well, maybe because a giant turtle driving a hippie bus seems A LITTLE SUSPICIOUS." Casey answered in a stern, loud voice.

"Alright, guys! I'd just like to have one peaceful trip to the store where the two of you aren't at each other's throats."

Kara blinked having taken a sample of Mikey's spicy gummy worms, her eyes darting back and forth between the two and April. When they were finally quiet April smiled before turning her attention outside the window. "Now that's better. Peace and quiet." She said in a sweet tone at the silence but it was soon disturbed by Kara making gagging sounds. "Oh, that's spicy. That is definitely spicy.." Kara choked sticking her tongue out to try and cool it off.

Donnie turned to Kara and gave her a small smile while rummaging through the groceries finding her something to drink. He set the bags he was holding to the side and moved closer to her, opening the bottle for her. "Here, drink this." He held out the bottle for her.

She smiled taking the bottle from him and when she moved it to her lips she and the others jerked forward causing the water to splash in her face and fall backwards, spilling what was left on her shirt when the van started swerving. "Aw, come on!!" Kara yelled while coughing.

"Pull over, Casey! Get out of the way!" Kara heard April yell as she sat up.

"No one forces Casey Jones off the road." Casey muttered to himself as he turned the van towards the car hitting the side of it to try and swerve it off the road but didn't have much luck.

The car sped up to them and did the exact same thing but with more force causing Casey to lose control of the van.

Kara grabbed onto Donnie, yelling along with April, and he blinked down feeling something wet seeing her drenched chest pressed against his plastron making his whole face change color though there was the tiniest hint of a smile on his face.

When the van crashed into something this knocked the two off their feet, Donnie landing on the back of his shell with Kara right on top of him. She let out a groan and sat up blinking down at Donnie, a blushing, til she watched as a slab of meat fall on his face making her giggle.