A Bat in Belfry

The guys, Kara, and Dragan were hanging out at the lair just relaxing. The boys were reading their comic books while Dragan was cleaning her shield and Kara was reading her own type of comic: manga.

"Holy golly willikers, Wingnut!"

"I see him, Screwloose!"

"Skullface is GIANT!"

"Run, old chum, run!" "Haha, yeah!" Mikey laughed in excitement rolling over onto his stomach, voicing the characters as he read. "The Adventures of Wingnut and Screwloose. These old vintage comics are the best!" He kicked his feet in the air as Icecream Kitty mewed and held out her paw for him to eat.

"Wingnut and Screwloose aren't bad, but you can't tell me they're better than Arachnid-Man or Superb Man or even the Indelible Bulge." Leo named off his favorite comics, showing them to Mikey.

"Eh, none of those even come close to the best comic ever: "The Fantastic Four Food Groups." Raph held out the comic book he was reading, grinning.

"You're kidding me. The FFFG?" Mikey raised a brow over at Raph.

"Oooh, talking food. So dark and brooding." Leo stood to his feet, rolling his eyes.

"Hey, that food has real depth and emotion, man!"

"Oh, please, your comics are child's play compared to the might of Snake Eyes Y. There's ton of fighting, action, character development, and a hint of romance. You guys are missing out but if you want I can lend them to ya. I almost have the whole series!" Kara closed her book, showing them the cover with a grin; the main character on the front holding their hand out to reveal dice with snake eyes replacing the one dot and a shadow behind the character with the eyes open, both the shadow and the eyes on the dice glowing.

Dragan rolled her eyes, smiling as she kept her eyes on her work. "Whatever happened tae readin' novels?"

"Those are good from time to time but they can't beat the awesomeness of Snake Eyes Y!" Kara went back to reading grinning ear to ear til the boys started laughing at her which made her tackle Raph and begin to wrestle with him, laughing along with them.

Dragan rolled her eyes again and giggled at them. Before things would get out of hand she decided to see how April was doing, remembering she didn't seem like herself. She entered the lab just as Donnie had finished examining her.

"-Probably just adjusting to life back on Earth."

"I don't know, Donnie." Mikey appeared out of nowhere, surprising Dragan and making her sigh. "My seventh sense tells me it's not that; it's that freaky crystal she never takes off."

"Hmm. I don't think a crystal could give you headaches.."

"It's nae exactly a normal crystal though, Donnie. Plus, wi her powers, who knows what effects that crystal could hae on her." Dragan walked over to them and gently placed her hand on April's head looking at her worriedly.

"Let me take a look at it." Donnie held his hand out, smiling to April but he and Dragan were surprised when she suddenly lashed out at them, holding the crystal close to her as if she would die if it was taken from her. "No, get away from it!"

"Whoa, you're acting like it's your "precious."" Mikey said the last part in a different voice almost sounding Gollum like.

"You're becomin' addicted tae it, April." Dragan placed her hand in front of Donnie seeing him hurt by her reaction.

"I said back off-me.." April began to calm down and let out a sigh, placing her hand over her forehead. "Ok, Ok. It's just a crystal. No big deal." She mustered up the will the lift the string from around her neck and handed it to Dragan. Dragan gave her a nod and turned to Donnie, gently placing the crystal in his hand.