Panic in the Sewers

It was night time in the Big Apple, a fog had rolled in which gave the turtle brothers perfect cover for their patrol with Kara right behind them her gloves on and ready. They snuck behind a large dumpster while Leo poked his head out to see if the coast is clear.

"Shredder could be anywhere. Stay frosty guys." Leo said in a low whisper.

"FYI, frost can't accumilate unless its below freezing in which.." Kara zoned Donnie out, shaking her head as his geekiness emerges.

"Maybe he's got an off switch somewhere." Mikey whispered to both her and Raph who nodded and smacked Donnie upside the head.

"Found it." He said with a smile making Mikey and Kara chuckle but she stopped hearing that chilling, blood draining voice she remembers all too well.

"And I found four pathetic turtles and a girl who only have seconds to live."

Her body tensed, sweat trickling down the side of her face ignoring what Mikey said as they all got into a fighting stance.

As she looked around wondering where he could be she hears Mikey yell in surprise and get tossed into the fog.

"Mikey!" She screams while Donnie rushes towards Shredder ready to strike with his bo staff but Shredder breaks it in half sending him flying only to slide behind him, kicking him into the fog. "Donnie!!" Her eyes widening as she watches him disappear, her breathing becoming raspy and her voice shaking before turning around to see Leo and Raph charge at him.

"No, guys, wait!" She reached her hand out to stop them but saw Raph disappear into the fog as well. She could hear her heart racing in her ears as she runs towards Shredder who stood above Leo, on his hands and knees, as he raised his weapon for the final strike. "No!!!" She screams as she wakes up, reaching her right arm out, her eyes filled with tears, body sweating.

She looked at her surroundings and heard rapid beeping. She panted heavily seeing she was in a hospital room and looked over seeing Jessica burst through the door having heard her scream.

"What's wrong?!" She rushes forward examining the heart monitor before placing her hand on her shoulder. "It's going to be ok, you had a nightmare..." Kara couldn't take it anymore and she leaned into Jessica, crying.

"It was awful! My friends...they were gone before my eyes!! And I couldn't do anything!" She cried harder than she ever had in her life. Jessica looked down at her with a pained expression before hugging her tightly as she remembered when she saw her..

Jessica was walking out the hosptial, just ending her shift as she let her long hair down. She walked over to her car, taking her keys out and looked up, hearing something fall onto a vehicle. She slowly turned around and readied her bag to use as a weapon but widened her eyes seeing....turtles! Four mutant turtles! She looked closely at them seeing they were wearing different colored masks and had weapons, that made her nervous, but she also noticed they had pained expressions on their faces along with bruises and cuts.

"Y-You're Kara's doctor, right?" The one with the purple masked asked, holding something in his arms.

She slowly nodded wondering how they know about her. He walked up to her and she stared in shock seeing Kara bleeding in his arms. She quickly took her from them, glaring at them, thinking they did something to her but stopped as she saw tears roll from the purple mask's eyes.

"Please, take care of her.." Before she could say anything they disappeared leaving her in the parking lot with a bleeding Kara.

She snapped back to reality and bolted into the hospital barking orders at the nurses and doctors telling them to prepare for surgery. When one of the male nurses grabbed Kara to take her away she immediately tied her hair back into a bun turning her professional mind back on.