Battle for New York pt. 1

Kara was sitting on the rooftop of their hideout staring, with such focus, at nothing in particular, her mind floating around one question. "Where are you, Dragan? It's like you're not wanting me to find you, but why?" She whispered, pulling her knees close to her chest, burying her face in them. This question has been eating Kara up ever since their first contact after returning back home. She, Leo, Donnie, and everyone else has looked through over half the city yet there was no trace of Dragan or any other survivors anywhere. The others looked as though they were beginning to lose hope; all of them but her and Leo. He knew her too well to know she wouldn't go down so easily yet when she looked at Leo she could sense a small hint of doubt within him and truthfully, she felt the same. He lost Karai who knows what he'll do if he lost Dragan too.

She brought out her phone and clicked open Dragan's text messages reading the one she sent to her when they were back at the barnhouse. She clenched the phone in her hand any doubt residing within her washing away like a flood and she stood up. She couldn't give up just yet. She had to keep searching no matter how long it took.
She stood and dropped back down inside the hideout to wake up Leo when she heard screaming in Donnie's makeshift lab. Fearing they were found out already she ran straight there only to find Donnie, Mikey, and Icecream Kitty huddled together, screaming. Before she could ask why, a bright light illuminating the room caught her attention and she found the source to be some chemical mixture that was bubbling at a rapid rate to the point the mixture was spilling out of the beaker as well as glowing as bright as a neon sign.
Hearing Donnie scream, "It's going to explode!" She thought the worst and wasted no time in running to them and using her body as a shield. She hugged them close and as tightly as she could, her eyes squeezed shut expecting this to be the end but after a couple of seconds with nothing happening she blinked her eyes a couple times to adjust from how hard she squeezed her lids and slowly sat up straight, turning to see the mixture was fine, as if what had happened didn't happen at all.

She let out a sigh of relief, sinking to the floor and looked over at Mikey as he said, "Aw, well, that was weak." She blinked when Icecream Kitty suddenly jumped at her as the boys began fighting each other. Catching Icecream Kitty she watched the two horse around and she sighed as she stood, holding Icecream Kitty guessing Mikey was doing something he wasn't suppose to do. Deciding to end their fighting she went to set Icecream Kitty down when Master Splinter walked into the room. She quietly stepped to the side to give him some room, a smile on her face knowing this was going to be good, and brought out her phone in time to see Master Splinter 'discipline' Donnie and Mikey, putting them in some kind of hold that had them frozen in place and twitching. Holding up her phone she made sure to get everyone in view and snapped a picture, setting it up as her lock screen. "Heh-heh, perfect."

"What is going on here?" Master Splinter asked in a calm tone, still having his hold on the two boys.

Figuring their horse play woke the others up Kara saw a startled April run into view. "Since when did retromutagen start doing that?"

All their attention went to the retromutagen to see it shining and looking like new.

Once everyone was awake Donnie began examining a sample of the retromutagen that had been tampered with, Kara standing on the sidelines getting ready to search for Dragan.

"Wow! It's bonding rate is phenomenal! Hah! I can't believe it! This will save me months of lab work! Ok, let me see.." Donnie began as he pulled out the sample from under the micorscope and squeezed some into a dropper and squeezed a drop of the retromutagen into a canister of mutagen. "One small drop and I'm able to transform an entire vial of mutagen into retromutagen! Hah-hah-ha, Mikey, you're amazing!"

"I know." Mikey simply stated as he began smashing his action figure into his pizza.

Kara blinked in surprise, turning her attention to them as she tied her blindfold around her neck. "Then they'd be able to save everyone in New York in no time.." A smile crossed her face and she suddenly began to feel new hope for the city.