Yojimbo

"You..must be..insane!" A voice shouted just before the owner of the voice was thrown out of a shed followed by a lowly chuckle. "You destroyed an entire family! You demon!" It continued to shout.

"What?..Wait..who is that? Where am I?" Kara softly spoke looking around the field she found herself in, a few trees here and there, with mountains in the background. She turned to the people not too far from her but for some reason she could not make out their faces.

"They were infected with evil. The gods revealed their nature to me; as they do you." The other person said just before the first one began to attack.

Kara could hear the clash of metal but their movements were a blur to her. "Why can't I see them?" She thought trying to use her other senses to 'see' them but to no avail. "Perhaps I'm dreaming?.." She heard thunder crash and looked up at the sky as rain began to fall but she couldn't feel it at all. Confirming her suspicions she turned her head to look back at the two people fighting.

"I tracked you down to bring you to justice!" The man on the left said.

"I see the evil in this realm, Ronin. I am the definition of justice!" The man on the right shouted as they went back to fighting.

Kara began taking a few steps towards them, curious as to who they were but with each step she felt like they were moving farther from her so she began to run. Despite how far they were, their voices managed to reach her ears as if they were right next to her.

"The gods impart this skill to me, to cleanse the world of evil!"

"You're the evil one!" They continued their banter til they were both thrown back by the force of the lightning that struck the tree next to them, setting it ablaze. She watched as the one on the right immediately stood to his feet, seeming unscathed by the fall, slowly making his way to the man on the left.

Kara suddenly appeared to the side of the two as they stared at one another.

"Who are you?" The man on the ground asked. Kara eye's lifted seeing nothing but large, dark eyes. "Why can't I see him???"

"I am Jei, the blade of the gods." Jei said as he raised his weapon.

"Wait!" Kara shouted, though no words escaped her mouth, moving her body to step in between them. The sound of lightning was all she heard as the world around her grew dark. Slowly opening her eyes, Kara scanned the room, seeing she was back home in her room, and sighed softly. "So it was just a dream." She removed her hand from her forehead and sat up with a yawn. She glanced over tiredly to see her door opening, revealing Dragan on the other side dressed for the day.
"Still in bed, I see? Come on, ya lazy bum, we're goin' tae go meet the guys." She gave her a wide grin making her roll her eyes and smile.

"Alright, fine, I'll be ready soon." She watched Dragan close to door and sighed softly, running her hand through her hair and sat in bed for a moment. After that weird dream, she wanted to go back to sleep, not to dream of them again but to get some actual sleep. With a sluggish groan she forced herself out of bed, grabbed her clothes for the day, and walked through her own personal bathroom to get ready for the day.

Finally arriving at the lair the first thing she spotted was Raph sleeping on the couch with the TV on and Mikey on the floor with a box of half eaten pizza. "Nothing out of the ordinary here, I suppose. Where's Mona?"

"She left wi Sal Commander tae retrieve items from her home world. She should be back within a month, I believe." Dragan let Kara know before heading towards the Dojo to see Leo.

"That makes sense." Kara shrugged while heading towards Donnie's lab glancing at the TV with the news airing, showing the disaster of Lord Dregg and his Vreen even weeks after the cleanup. "Guess news is news." She walked inside the lab to see Donnie working at his computer and went right over to him. "Hey Donnie, whatcha working on?" When no reply came she figured he was hard at work with something so she decided to have some fun with him. She went right to his side, bent down some, and planted a kiss on his cheek. As soon as he lifted his head and turned in her direction she leaned in and kissed him smack on the lips. His face immediately changed red, the ends of his mask shot up like bunny ears, but he quickly regained himself, melting under her lips. "There you are." She giggled happily watching him almost become a puddle in his chair. After regaining his solid body and calming down he cupped his hand over her cheek and brought her close for another kiss. "You know you could of just said something." He whispered, his cheeks still having a tint of pink to them.
"I did." She said with a pout. "You ignored me so I had to grab your attention somehow." She gave him a shrug, acting innocent and smiled down at him. "So, once again, what are you working on?" She asked curiously, bending down behind him with one arm around his shoulder and the other pointing at the screen as he began to explain, looking down at his keyboard in the process.