Impossible Desert

"So what happened to you guys?" Raph asked while eating the food Brilliance offered him, feeling like forever since he had actual food and not insects or whatever he could scrounge.

Kara and Dragan looked at each other nervously then turned to Brilliance.

"Well, we went to visit Brilliance to get to know her a little better."
"After helpin' us wi Kavaxas an Lord Dregg we figured we should befriend her, ya know, treat her like part o' the team."
"But then we heard the sirens." Kara squeezed her eyes shut trying to remember though it was all a blur.

Brilliance closed her eyes and continued for the two.

Brilliance smiled down at the two enthusiastic girls when her ears perked hearing the wails of the city sirens. "Wait here." She said standing up from her seat and ran down from her office to the roof when she noticed alien tech floating in the sky flashing bright colors then suddenly it exploded, a cloud of neon green covering the entire city and racing towards her. Her eyes widened and she practically flew back inside, standing in front of the girls. "Get behind me!" Brilliance yelled, already transformed. She held her now glowing arms out in front of her, the entire building growing cold as she began to slowly close her hands into fists. Icicles formed around the ceiling as the two girls looked around nervously then at Brilliance. Before they could utter a single word they were overcome with a cold calm, their eyes growing heavy. "We shall slumber til the threat has died." She then threw her arms upwards; the entire building now engulfed in ice.

"When we were finally set free..what we saw.." Kara glanced over at Dragan with saddened eyes.

Dragan lowered her head, staring into the fire. "It was as if we were in a nightmare."

Within the thick wall of ice Drago Brilliance stood at the center with her arms spread out wide, eyes closed, with the two girls huddled together almost as if they were sleeping. Suddenly, a crack appeared in the ice where Brilliance's face is and her eyes snapped open to reveal them glowing bright and soon their protective wall burst into shards around them leaving icicles of different shapes and sizes around them Brilliance landed gently on her feet glancing behind her hearing a thud, the two girls dropping to the floor hard enough to wake them up.

Both of them sat up groggy and confused, wondering where they were. Once they looked up at Brilliance they were immediately reminded of the events that unfolded before them.

"H-How long were we out? What happened?? Where is everybody?! Casey? April? Guys?!" Kara shouted, looking around frantically.

"I'm not sure. You two stay here while I take a look outside." Brilliance calmly walked away to investigate the area.

"We need tae stay calm, Kara. Freakin' out right now isn't goin' tae do us any good. We'll find the others. I know we will." Despite the steady calm in her voice, Dragan stared at the door Brilliance walked out of, clenching her hands tight at her side.

Brilliance returned with a look of distraught, setting the alarms off inside the girl's minds and they ran out the door to see their city in complete ruins. Buildings were crumbling, cars torn apart or completely destroyed, piles of ash and disfigured bones lay in the street. Both girls were at a loss for words. It was as if they had stepped into another dimension for nothing was familiar or even looked the same.

A trickle of sweat slide down Kara's face as her lips trembled, trying to find words. "Ww-we need ..need to find the others." Without wasting a second her body began to lead her towards the lair with Dragan and Brilliance close behind.